How many of you have made this mistake???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Be glad for the fact that your wife likes to dive. Mine is terrified of it which is why I haven't and never will push her to go with me. She's a very understanding person when I go out on dive weekends but I think I would enjoy so much more if she could come with me.

Scuba is a gear intensive sport. I have a Nitrox capable computer (wrist mounted) but won a brand new air only computer. I keep it in a small pouch on my BC as a back-up.

How much would you sell the air computer....I'm upgrading my student consoles from depth gages to computers

Joe

After a few month I convinced my wife to take an OW class. I wanted to dive on a cruise that we were going on and she agreed. As part of my stipulation if she decided to get certified, we would purchase her own gear (comfort, safety was my concern). Well, the computer she decided on was a nav console (Sherwood Profile) which I had some concerns about, since it was not Nitrox capable. She assured me that she had no interest in becoming Eanx certified...

I told her "never say never."

Guess who was in my Eanx class with me???

Now she wants to get a Nitrox capable computer, AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Guess we're going shopping...

I'm surprised you can still buy an "Air only" computer. Any Nitrox computer is also an "Air" computer as long as you leave the mix set to 21%.

-Charles

I try to avoid this with whatever I'm purchasing, scuba related or not. Unfortunately it can lead to decision paralysis as I try to anticipate every future possible activity I may undertake with a given gizmo. "What if I buy this TV now that doesn't have feature X, which I don't need now, but the next XBox720 or Playstation5 might need feature X to play BluRay2 data cubes", etc.

Too funny!

How much would you sell the air computer....I'm upgrading my student consoles from depth gages to computers

Joe

Sorry, not for sale. I've been diving with a back-up for more than a year, I was happy to get a new one and gave the old back-up to my buddy. One day I'll upgrade my back-up to nitrox.

Back
Top Bottom