How many of you have made this mistake???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Turn this experience into a net positive for yourself. You could hold it against her when YOU want a new piece of gear. "Remember that AIR computer we bought for you when I TOLD you to buy a nitrox computer, honey?"

lol, I have to remember that just in case :D

At least you are upgrading and not selling off. Give your spouse lots of kudos for trying an enjoying diving. Far too many spouses do things for the other that they do not really enjoy.

Luckily this isn't a mistake that I've made.
I still dive with all the original gear I bought 8 years ago except for my mask and weight belt which I recently replaced.

My fiancee has just started diving and and she wanted a dive computer and together we made the decision to get her a Mares Nemo Sport. She really likes my Suunto Stinger, but at twice the price locally, it isn't an option.

After a few month I convinced my wife to take an OW class. I wanted to dive on a cruise that we were going on and she agreed. As part of my stipulation if she decided to get certified, we would purchase her own gear (comfort, safety was my concern). Well, the computer she decided on was a nav console (Sherwood Profile) which I had some concerns about, since it was not Nitrox capable. She assured me that she had no interest in becoming Eanx certified...

I told her "never say never."

Guess who was in my Eanx class with me???

Now she wants to get a Nitrox capable computer, AAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGHHHHH!

Guess we're going shopping...

After traveling all over the place diving together and staying in a variety of hotels she decides we need our own place in Cozumel. Four years later the renovations are nearly finished. We did get a lot of diving in along the way and I'm proud to say that the house has turned out very nice. I'll have to post newer pictures.

BTW she leaves in the morning for Cozumel and will be there all summer diving at least once a week.

So go spend the money, love your wife and ask her where she wants to dive next.

Harry,

What sub you serve on? What years?

Mike
SSBN 620, SSN 636 '73-'79

Jacksonville, Toledo, Connecticut, Albuquerque. I was a "rider" so wasn't stationed on any one. 2002-2005 were the years I was riding though. Was one of the few riders that did get my fish. Saved me alot of pain down the road!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom