How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My wife and I have been diving and instructing together for the last 12 years. I became an instructor and a couple of years later she became a DM and began helping me. We truly love introducing students to the world of scuba. The most wonderful thing though is our love for just diving together at our favorite locations around the world.
We, just as some of you have mentioned, still hold hands during most dives, just as we do during surface intervals.
Having done close to a thousand dives together we know each others dive style very well. In fact our diving style has grown much the way our marriage has grown. We discuss what works and even more importantly, we discuss what does not work.

I truly hope that everyone that dives with there spouse or girlfriend can enjoy it as much as we do!😁😁😁

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Her mask fogs up a lot.

Hi. I also enjoy diving with my spouse. My husband was certified years before I was, but only because I decided to wait a bit. I knew I'd be trained eventually. (His instructor wasn't very good and there was no one else around). Of course my husband's a natural, and I actually had to learn, so he's more experienced and better able to deal with the unexpected in the water. He's an excellent diver.

To never have fog troubles again, try a few drops of 50/50 baby shampoo & water. Rub and dunk the mask once, not more. Better than any anti-fog product out there.

Hi. I also enjoy diving with my spouse. My husband was certified years before I was, but only because I decided to wait a bit. I knew I'd be trained eventually. (His instructor wasn't very good and there was no one else around). Of course my husband's a natural, and I actually had to learn, so he's more experienced and better able to deal with the unexpected in the water. He's an excellent diver.

To never have fog troubles again, try a few drops of 50/50 baby shampoo & water. Rub and dunk the mask once, not more. Better than any anti-fog product out there.

The anti for stuff we use is called spit. It works good for me. I'm not sure what going on with my wife mask.

I will suggest to try the baby shampoo, see if that works. If I would have known earlier I could have thrown it into her Valentine gift bag!

Not all spit is created equal... some need to have something citric to get their spit to be a good defogger.

My wife and I just became certified instructors today. Yay! I always dive with her, we are inseparable. 10987389_881159395239716_8366168453813467178_n.jpg

Just caught this post - As "late bloomer" divers, I asked my husband if he would consider getting scuba certified in 2007. I was very pleased when he agreed, & hoped he wouldn't fade out on me with time. I am thrilled to say that we are still diving (as dive buddies) - yes, as tropical vacation divers, but in frozen, land-locked MN, it works for both of us. :D
Over time, we have found that he gets "sea sick" in rough seas & so much prefers to shore dive. I just want to dive, so I am okay planning trips around shore diving, most of the time. We are both agreed that 2 to 3 dives/day "works" while on vacation, and neither of us "needs" to go deeper than 90' unless there is a reason. We have learned to stick together "watching each others back" during photos/video stops without driving each other crazy; & our sign/body language has progreesed to express more than words. Lol. We both love reef diving, drift, & finding critters of any size. I love critter ID, yet my husband is content saying "ditto" more or less in his logbook, but he will ask me if I know what some new critter might be (and then I will research it for the both of us). I love to investigate our next dive trip options and then discussing together the pro/cons of each. I would not want to dive with anyone else! & diving has filled our life together with never boring, fabulous FUN!

Just caught this post - As "late bloomer" divers, I asked my husband if he would consider getting scuba certified in 2007. I was very pleased when he agreed, & hoped he wouldn't fade out on me with time. I am thrilled to say that we are still diving (as dive buddies) - yes, as tropical vacation divers, but in frozen, land-locked MN, it works for both of us. :D
Over time, we have found that he gets "sea sick" in rough seas & so much prefers to shore dive. I just want to dive, so I am okay planning trips around shore diving, most of the time. We are both agreed that 2 to 3 dives/day "works" while on vacation, and neither of us "needs" to go deeper than 90' unless there is a reason. We have learned to stick together "watching each others back" during photos/video stops without driving each other crazy; & our sign/body language has progreesed to express more than words. Lol. We both love reef diving, drift, & finding critters of any size. I love critter ID, yet my husband is content saying "ditto" more or less in his logbook, but he will ask me if I know what some new critter might be (and then I will research it for the both of us). I love to investigate our next dive trip options and then discussing together the pro/cons of each. I would not want to dive with anyone else! & diving has filled our life together with never boring, fabulous FUN!

That is such a great story you shared with us. These are the kind of things I like to hear from others. It is very inspiring to know how some have made diving a very positive and building experience with their loved ones. Since we are fairly new to diving I can only say that we are very happy that we can dive together.The road we are on looks very promising especially after reading all these great posts.

Love diving with my husband. We got certified together and have been buddies ever since. We both like the same type of diving and are very in tune under water. We both love to go deeper, want to see large stuff, enjoy night diving, and pretty much want to spend our entire vacation diving...and diving some more. I'm sure his favorite aspect is the inability to talk uw.:D Of course, he's better than I am but that makes me feel safe. It's nice having someone to dive with that you trust and gets you.

I bought my husband the OW course for Christmas and after his first session saw an offer at the same school so without ever previously feeling the want to do scuba I thought I may as well give it a go and have done OW along side him!
With me working shifts and him working full time and us both having our own other hobbies/sports we don't get to see/do a great amount together.
We have only recently qualified, but I love diving with him, we actually get to spend time together without the children and because we don't talk in water, we actually have something to talk about afterwards. It has certainly brought us closer.
I have found that when we dive he is usually too far away (above and behind) and I do worry that he will try to push limits (he is very much " we don't have to do that, nothing is to stop us" where as I like to work to rule) and he uses his air much quicker than me. As for holding hands.... I'm not a touchy feely kind of person and don't like to feel restricted so it's a no go unless there is very poor visibility.
Mi am also looking forward to when the children are older (currently 8,6 & 2) the oldest 2 are keen to dive and my 8 year old has just completed his seal team :)

I have never made a dive without my spouse. We certified together and make all our dives together. I say we make magic together. Underwater Magic! I think we feel like the ocean is our special place. Best dive buddy a man coud ever have.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom