How many of you love diving with your spouse?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, She's a fun dive buddy....

I love diving with my wife...it's the best. Makes life easy. Lot's of dive vacations. I say let's go diving and it's a race to the truck. I LIKE holding hands while diving...keeps me from getting scared when the sharks swim close. :D

I be a hoping to get my wife in the water this spring! She has some fear of the water and we are working thru that a little at a time. Bought her a wetsuit for the no sinking feeling and she has been showering in a mask and snorkel to get thru the water in face stuff. She has been talking to an instructor about swim lessons also. I have a ton of gear and tanks, so a ready to go buddy would be nice! Also cuts down on the explaining why I need this or that for diving,,,, hopefully!!! We will see, we already run two businesses together, so why not try the diving thingy!!:wink:

:coffee:

for me, the wife is a very conservative recreational diver. I enjoy diving with her, but also enjoy my time away as get to explore things she wouldn't consider... My diving gets more "relaxed" in her absence.....

looking forward to, and also fearing when the daughter begins...

Me----but mine 'slowed down' after year 25......:)....but, she always(still) gets our trips going, so that I have to be thankful for...

I love diving with my husband! He was, and still is my instructor. We met scuba diving and have been married four months. I want no other dive buddy. We're both equally crazy about diving and push the limits equally when we want to.

I still dive with my ex-wife ... how many people can say that?

:D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

My wife bought both of us an OW course for Christmas 2013. She did it because she knew I wanted to and wanted to have a hobby we could share (golf, hunting and reef aquariums were not her cup of tea). She is more addicted than me if that's possible. I love to watch her poking around under ledges looking for critters. She sips air compared to me. I felt a major accomplishment the first time I ended a dive with more air than her. She is better than me at spotting things. She is my #1 dive buddy, wouldn't have it any other way.

She only insists on holding my hand during safety stops. :wink:

My wife had tech certification before we met, and I hadn't been diving yet. I finally caught up to the training, and I prefer diving with her than anyone else!

Just started diving and it was with my wife. Our friends (well her friend and her husband that I'm also friends with now) are the ones that talked us into trying it out. We did a discover scuba in Mahahual MX, then did open water on a Turks and Caicos trip with the friends. So my wife talked me into it more than me talking her into it.

Now I'm buying gear like crazy but I feel she is far more understanding as it is an activity she enjoys. Not so much with my other hobbies (sailing, ham radio). While she enjoys spending some weekends at the boat, she doesn't tolerate the expenses as well as she does with diving.

My wife doesn't read scubaboard so I can be completely frank. I LOVE diving with her. I'd say 90% of my dives have been with her by my side. What's with all the hate for holding hands? We do our stops etc with eachother near, but often we will hold hands diving for moments here and ther just like we do topside - just to be affectionate and to enjoy the other's presence. And to give a squeeze :) We are currently on a trip in Bali, and this trip she has taken up underwater photography too. So we dive, share subjects, and then in the evening review our pictures together and discuss technique and strobe placement and f stops and so on. I love it. Sharing this passion gives us another adventurous thing to do together, and I feel closer to her than ever before. She is my LifeBuddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom