• No, but I carry a spare!

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • Yes, and I had no spare!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, why would I carry a spare?

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

UP-

This is a DIRF class, not Tech 1 !!! I don't think they'll beat Mike up TOO bad.....

Jack

This DIRF business sounds suspiciously like my original YMCA course over 30 years ago. Ripping off masks, turning off valves, ripping regs out of your mouth... bet you have to swim underwater for 75' on one breath and put your gear on with no mask, too...
Deja Vu!
Rick

to collect masks, like my friends dive the water hazards on golf courses to collect golf balls???

Originally posted by Rick Murchison
This DIRF business sounds suspiciously like my original YMCA course over 30 years ago. Ripping off masks, turning off valves, ripping regs out of your mouth... bet you have to swim underwater for 75' on one breath and put your gear on with no mask, too...
Deja Vu!
Rick
Yes Rick... Deja Vu... except for the addition of maintaining perfect buoyancy & trim while ascending sharing air and making the safety stop stick. :wink:

But don't tell Yooper.

Originally posted by detroit diver
UP-

This is a DIRF class, not Tech 1 !!! I don't think they'll beat Mike up TOO bad.....

Jack
Jack... didn't you already do the DIRF? And you didn't lose any masks? Didn't Andrew tell you he calls these "Beat 'em up dives"?

Originally posted by Uncle Pug

Yes Rick... Deja Vu... except for the addition of maintaining perfect buoyancy & trim while ascending sharing air and making the safety stop stick. :wink:

But don't tell Yooper.
Well, yes... since we didn't use wetsuits or BC's or safe seconds or safety stops or SPGs, (depth and time and a "feel" for your personal air consumption were "it") buoyancy was a one shot deal - you were either properly weighted or not. The ascent was at sixty feet per minute buddy breathing. If there was deco involved the ascent was to the hang tank... out of air and can't find the hang tank? Can you spell "s c r e w e d ?" Trim? Excuse me?
But we were young and immortal then.
Rick

I thought that was "We were young and immoral then!". I keep screwing these things up!!! :tease:

I must have been lucky I went through all that hell when I did a TDI advanced nitrox/decompression course!!! Funny thing is My instructor was taught by Steve lewis who was taught by Jarrod Jablonski!!! So just goes to show you guys not all instructors are dumbassess!!!:D

Just thought that was kind of interesting:wink: Mind you my instructors training is somewhat pre GUE:)

len

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom