How many wetsuits are too many wetsuits?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I try to be ready for everything.
  • I have a 3mm suit for trips to tropical climes.
  • I have a 5mm suit I wear for winter diving in Florida and for cave diving in Mexico.
  • I have a 7mm suit that I bought as a backup to my drysuit. (When you meet students for a 3-day weekend of dive instruction 400 miles from home, you need to be ready.)
  • I have a drysuit.
So what's your situation? For every situation on the list above that does not pertain to you, strike it off the list.

I'm too much of a wimp when it comes to temperatures to have a 3 mil for tropical destinations. So I have a 5 mil for the tropics. For the med, I add a 2 mill vest under my 5 mil and wear my K-01 hood. I do have a 7 mil, but it is a backup to my dry suit if I need to do work at my family's place along the Hood Canal. Otherwise dry suit all the way.

If I were to dive with my rebreather in Maui for 2 hours, I'd take my dry suit.

I probably have one too many, at 3. One's a trilam, the other two crushed neoprene.

I think yje real answer is when you have suits you haven't used in over a year, you havw too many.

I have a 3/2mm and a 7mm, but the latter is such a PITA to put on, I mever use it. With the weather getting colder, maybe I need to try it again.
Put a plastic bag on your hands and feet when you put on your 7 mm suit : it is much easier.

I like gear... a lot. we have lots, between my wife and I, we have....
(4) 3 mm wetsuits
(1) 5 mm wetsuit
(2) 8 mm semidry wetsuits
(2) neoprene tech shorts
(4) Seaskin Novas.
add to this a bunch of dry gloves, various weight undergarments, wet gloves, hoods, rockboots, wetsuit boots, etc... it's nice to have options, and be comfortable. Basically, there is no maximum amount...lol.

For me. 0 is the right amount of wetsuits. If I ever need a wet suit I need it temporary, I get one from my club, and It's usually a 5mm hooded.

I dive a drysuit all year long. And I love it. From 25C in the summer yo 4C in the winter.

If I need a shorty, I wear shorts and a vest.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom