How Much CO is divable

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for that info. In my case, it would be cheaper to get it calibrated at the shop every year than buy the gas, regulator and bump gas. To be honest, i will only be using it a few times a year so im not too worried about the readings being perfectly accurate. The good thing about this unit is that you can change the 180 day interval alarm and it wont lock you out like other units do.

Realistically the answer should be none as it tends to be indicative of compressor issues if it's more than that. I'm sure it happens, but I've never seen "just a touch" of CO. It's always either none, or you're f*cked.
Exactly!

I bump my detector by exhaling into it
A normal exhaled breath has 3-7 ppm CO

I bump my detector by exhaling into it
A normal exhaled breath has 3-7 ppm CO

I thought that the non-smoker will be in the 1 - 2 ppm range. Mine is never above 2 ppm.

My Rule

1 ppm I'll dive it and not worry
2 ppm I'll dive it but let the dive op know.
3 ppm I'll get another cylinder and let the dive op know,

1 - 2, that's an acceptable error %.
3 ppm is the UK max standard.

Does anyone have experience withe the Palm CO Analyzer carried by Dive Gear Express. If so I'd like to hear some feedback as I am looking to get one.....

Does anyone have experience withe the Palm CO Analyzer carried by Dive Gear Express. If so I'd like to hear some feedback as I am looking to get one.....

I just bought one from them in October. DGX is great to deal with.

I had a few questions about the unit, and called Analytical Industries directly. Their technical support is top notch!

I haven’t had the unit very long, but so far I really like it. It is very easy to use.

Good to hear. I spoke to them about the bump gas testing. They advised that either a local welding supply company or Grainger has small cylinders of numerous types of gases for bump testing. I wonder how much $ a new sensor is when time to replace.

My understanding of bump testing is that it just confirms that the sensor is working. This is different from calibration. When I got mine, I just approached a running vehicle. When I saw it started to read CO, I took it away. I’m not sure that you need to buy bump gas for this.

I think, but I am not sure, that the sensors are around $195. Best to call AI or DGX to confirm.

Back
Top Bottom