How much $$$$$$ do you make?

SCUBA can be pretty expensive. How much do you make annually?

• 0 - 15,000

Votes: 18 5.3%
  • 15,000 - 30,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • 30,000 - 45,000

Votes: 23 6.7%
  • 45,000 - 60,000

Votes: 49 14.3%
  • 60,000 - 75,000

Votes: 46 13.5%
  • 75,000 - 100,000

Votes: 50 14.6%
  • 100,000 - 150,000

Votes: 63 18.4%
  • 150,000 - 200,000

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • 200,00 - 250,000

Votes: 16 4.7%
  • I'm freakin loaded

Votes: 34 9.9%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I make enough that I can afford to dive, but not enough that I can afford to quit working and dive exclusively.

I don't think it's a rude question in the context of an anonymous poll. If you asked me to my face and weren't my accountant, I'd think differently.

What is a Harley Unit worth in Euros? Or dollars or Zlotys or Rubli?

Well, it fluctuates :rofl3:.

I don't have a Harely, don't want a Harely but this fellow was complaining to me the other day about how expensive everything is and how he is always broke, this while I notice he has a Cummins diesel Dodge, custom airconditioned trailer with naked girls on Harely motiff painted on three sides and the carpet and four custom Harleys:11:. Duh, could this be the problem with your finances, apparently he does not think so:confused:. That is when I decided anybody with 100,000 dollars in depreciating assets not to mention all the other stuff was possibly an idiot but then I remembered, oh, well, nevermind. Anyways, from that I decided the HU was an excellent monetary index. N

My hubby commented that diving is "so expensive" yesterday as we left our LDS with some new toys :D

I told him it's really not that bad....we both ride motorcycles and take them to the track monthly. I reminded him how, in order to do our other high risk hobby, we had to make the initial investment (the bikes....which each cost about the total we've spent on our diving gear thus far), buy the gear (helmets, boots, gloves, leather suits), and then pay for track fees, gas, maintenance, etc.

All in all, I would say diving is not really any more expensive than many hobbies out there....and if you enjoy it and can justify the purchases, then there's no need to complain about the "expenses".

Well, is that your plan? I give you it is simple and uncomplcated.

N

Haha... Well my current financial situation really isn't too bad considering the average credit card debt for a college student my age is around $5k. I refuse to own a credit card!

I also have quite a bit of money invested from a recent windfall, but wont touch it unless there was an extreme emergency. I try to save the best I can, but as a professor I had freshman year once said:

"If it ain't instant, it ain't gratification!"

My hubby commented that diving is "so expensive" yesterday as we left our LDS with some new toys :D

I told him it's really not that bad....we both ride motorcycles and take them to the track monthly. I reminded him how, in order to do our other high risk hobby, we had to make the initial investment (the bikes....which each cost about the total we've spent on our diving gear thus far), buy the gear (helmets, boots, gloves, leather suits), and then pay for track fees, gas, maintenance, etc.

All in all, I would say diving is not really any more expensive than many hobbies out there....and if you enjoy it and can justify the purchases, then there's no need to complain about the "expenses".

I used to do track days... A racer friend of mine always said that racing motorcycles is like standing in a cold shower tearing up $100 bills!

I don't really have any other expensive hobbies. I like to read(library) take photos(digital-no film costs), and go to movies when something good is out(two for one as my wife is in a wheelchair and they do not charge her admission). We also usually hit matinees as I'm getting old as well as cheap and don't like to be out past 9 unless it's a night dive. I have alot of gear and still have some things I want(scooter is on the list but still down the road a piece) but have enough to do the technical stuff I do plus the recreational and not have to use the same gear. But when I played golf my clubs were over 600(custom now sold), skied(knees won't take it no longer do) but I paid over 500 for my stuff for that in 1978. That was alot of money then. I don't even want to think what it would cost now plus the lift tickets. My air is free, I service my own regs(with 6 of em that's a big savings), I can vis my tanks at the shop myself, and with my pro discounts gear is more reasonable. Trips are still an expense but I usually do only one big one a year for a week and the rest is local or semi local so it's not bad. I do wish I lived closer to water though. Any water. It would not have to be warm. Hell a place on Lake Erie would suit me fine. Lots of sweet wrecks.

I used to do track days... A racer friend of mine always said that racing motorcycles is like standing in a cold shower tearing up $100 bills!

I used to race bikes in the AFM, and I still do trackdays once in a while. It's ridiculously expensive. But SCUBA is a close second. :shakehead:

I should just have my paychecks direct deposited to my LDS. They end up with it anyway...

Know what you mean. My LDS commented that if we just had an extra card we could just run it and you wouldnt have to take it out of your wallet. I agreed....lol

But if you like it you will find the money and the time to do it and that goes for anything you want to do in life.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom