How much do you pay for servicing your regs?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm rocking a Poseidon Jetstream and getting it serviced at my LDS here in Sweden is 1590SEK, or ~220USD.
I'd be over the moon if I could get away with 140USD :wink:

Tapatalked

sounds like you need to learn how to service them yourself..... They're not actually that hard to service yourself, quite easy actually, especially once you learn the trick to tuning the second stages properly :)

Does the Atomics warranty not come with free parts?

No, the warranty is not based on service.

LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY

This warranty is not contingent upon obtaining annual service, and will maintain in effect for the lifetime of the original owner.

I went to my LSD and I was charged $140 for servicing 1st, 2nd and octopus. This is the most expensive I have paid to service regs.

Here is the background:
Atomic Aquatics Z3 1st and second stage. 1 year old, went diving 5 days with them.
Atomic Aquatics SS1 Octopus. 2 year old <-- this needed servicing.

I figured I would service both of them at the same time so their schedule would match next time I service them.

Anyhow I was charged $80 for labor and $50 for parts + taxes.

Is this normal? The last couple of years I would send my regs to scubatoys and I was never charged more than $60 or 70$ (not including shipping).

So how much do you guys pay for servicing your regs?

Thanks.
Here at Scuba New York rate is $59 labor and if parts are free they are free. If not then you will be charged for parts.

Just had my stuff serviced in socal and paid $30 per stage labor for Apeks 1st and 2nd stage plus an AirSource and $69 in parts kits so $159 plus tax total.

I take pictures of anything unusual like excess salt build up, junk I find in the seconds, etc. and send those in an email with the service estimate. Used parts get returned. Also do the written report plus they have a copy of the email with the work to be done in their files. Unless they delete it. Not all sets need to have all stages rebuilt. Used parts imo belong to the reg owner. Not me or not even the mfg. They get to throw them away after they get to look at them. I write on the bag - used parts- do not re use.

So Jim, what's your ball park and turnaround time on a set of doubles regs?

Back
Top Bottom