How much lift do I need in a BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not so sure about this. 30# is a good number, it is what I use too. But I have just dive with a buddy this weekend, where 30# may not be good enough. The issue is he has 28# intergrated into his BC. So it really depends your config. With all weight integrated, you may need more lift on your BC just to flow the rig itself.
@eelnoraa: Your buddy would probably be better served shifting some of that BCD-integrated weight to a weightbelt or weight harness. Lots of local divers here in SoCal have a strong dislike for weightbelts because that's what they used during OW certification and, due to rental gear availability, nearly 100% of their weight was loaded onto the weightbelt. These same people are often surprised how comfortable it is to wear a weightbelt with only 4-8 lbs.

The issue is he has 28# intergrated into his BC

Exactly

This isn't a reason to get a bigger wing, it's a reason to take weight out of your BC

U totally agree with you guys. I use 10lb myself on belt, 4lb on camband.

Now, not everyone dive the same way. This buddy if mine & his gd happen to dislike weight belt. This weekend, I even lend them my DUI harness, they refuse to use. Is it the optimal solution? not by my standard. But us he wrong? Definitely not.

Back
Top Bottom