How old is my reg

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ok thanks. I'll see how I get on down at the shop. Hopefully I can find a good service tec for the old girl!!

I had a MK5/R109 for 30+ years. I will keep my MK25s though,mand add back the best 2nd stage I ever had. I would really like to find some Pilots, but they are hard to find.

Ok thanks. I'll see how I get on down at the shop. Hopefully I can find a good service tec for the old girl!!
It can be tuned to breath well, just don't tune it too hot, or it will free flow. The 109 adjustables are easy to find and cheap, and keep the 108 as your octo. You can expect them to poo poo your using an "antique", tap dance about parts availability, and of course recommend you buy something new. Good luck and let us know what they say!

Actually, I'd be more inclined to use the 108 as a primary (tuned sweetly), and use a 109/156 as the octo as you can use the adj knob to stiffen it up so it isn't bubbling, yet still tuned nicely...

Update. So I went to three different shops. The first two were trying to sell me new gear saying this stuff is too old to service. Lack of parts and all that. One shop said $300 to $350 to get it back to working condition.
The third shop was really good charged me $120 for all three stages. Glad to have found these guys.
Now on the lookout for a r109 to complete the kit.

Bit disappointed, just had it serviced. I hooked the reg to a bottle tonight and it's leaking a lot of air out of the hole in the middle of the first stage. Got better with a little less pressure. Like to know what caused this?
image.jpeg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom