How should a wetsuit be stored?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pitchblack70

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I've been diving now for just one summer, and wanted to know if wetsuits should be stored folded or on the hanger? (My husband was arguing that hanging it upright will just cause it to stretch overtime.) Who's right? Thx in advance for any info...!

-J

Check out any surf shop or dive shop, and you will find the suits are on hangers. I have several surf suits, all on hangers, some for 15 years (yes it lasted that long). I will say that you should use a special wetsuit hanger or cut some of that round pipe foam insulation to support the shoulder part of the suit, otherwise you will get creasing/streching in that area.
Hope this helps.......

They can be stored either way. If you hang them, use wider hangers to avoid putting too much pressure in one area of the suit. If you fold them, they must be folded very loosely so as not to crease. Rolling would actually be a better option. And keep them in a dark dry area of the house that is not subjected to big changes in temperature. Keeping them in the garage or attic is not a good idea.

We have a closet that is dedicated to dive gear. Primary and secondary wet suits are on wet suit hangers, and BCD's and regulator rigs are on BCD hangers.

If we get "lonely" for diving, all we have to do is open the door to the "Dive Gear" closet and take a big, deep breath.

:wink:

Hey. thanks! Will be hanging up the gear today....soon to be broken out for the coming season! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom