How to Buy Flex Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jafo19D

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I think I’m finally going to pull the trigger and buy flex hoses (Miflex brand) during Black Friday.

Any recommendations on lengths or other items I must buy ? I’m reading about options such as spools and shock absorbers which I have no idea what they are.

If it matters I have a HydrosPro BCD and SP Mk11/C370.

Finally what’s the best braided hose brand?

Thanks!

I think I’m finally going to pull the trigger and buy flex hoses (Miflex brand) during Black Friday.

Any recommendations on lengths or other items I must buy ? I’m reading about options such as spools and shock absorbers which I have no idea what they are.

If it matters I have a HydrosPro BCD and SP Mk11/C370.

Finally what’s the best braided hose brand?

Thanks!

I say, don't buy flex hoses. Just stick with rubber hoses. SP hoses are the best.

Burhan don't limit your statement to only hoses. For your SP everything is better 😁

Anything is better than flex hoses. Who on earth wants a hose that flexes?? The stiffer, the better, isn't it? People pay lots of money to have the gift of stiff hose.

Anything is better than flex hoses. Who on earth wants a hose that flexes?? The stiffer, the better, isn't it? People pay lots of money to have the gift of stiff hose.
I travel for all my diving so I’m just wanting them for the weight issue. Fraying is a concern though. During my last dive trip the operator used braided hoses (don’t know which brand) and they were all frayed.

The MiFlex hoses are good, but they are expensive. I use a mix of MiFlex/braided and rubber.

The MiFlex hoses are good, but they are expensive. I use a mix of MiFlex/braided and rubber.
Any tips on considerations to take? For high pressure do I need to order a spool as well if it goes to my spg?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom