How to Buy Flex Hoses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Any tips on considerations to take? For high pressure do I need to order a spool as well if it goes to my spg?
It is likely your spg has a spool in it but always good to have extra

Always good to have a spare spool in your kit. They're $2 and take up zero room. Keep it in the plastic bag it arrives in to protect the tiny o-rings and holes from debris.

Always good to have a spare spool in your kit. They're $2 and take up zero room. Keep it in the plastic bag it arrives in to protect the tiny o-rings and holes from debris.
Is the spool only for HP?

Is the spool only for HP?
Yes, the spool is only required for the HP hose to SPG connection. There is no spool for any of the LP/MP hose interfaces (2nd stages, power inflater, drysuit inflater), there is also no spool at the 1st stage to HP hose interface.

In case you are not aware, there are 3 primary variants of HP spools and they are usually not interchangeable...remove your SPG and take a look at the variant yours uses to be sure you purchase/order the correct one:

1669354514411.png

-Z

There's millions more than these

017 (2) (1).JPG

So people are buying soft hoses, huh, obviously of an inferior structure, to inflate them, and make them stiff?

Here's the scratchy guy any length you want best of the best and postage too I get them to Australia for CCR

THESE ARE THE HOSE OF HOSES

(ANY LENGTH HOW GOOD IS THAT!)

and do remember your hose routing doesn't look on you like it looks on them
cable tie loosely a couple of hoses together to test for the most correct length

Scratchy hoses pah!

Buying gear for the aeroplane and not for the diving pah!

Which regs are good for the aeroplane, I want to save some weight, ha ha ha ha ha ha ha pah!

I think I’m finally going to pull the trigger and buy flex hoses (Miflex brand) during Black Friday.

Any recommendations on lengths or other items I must buy ? I’m reading about options such as spools and shock absorbers which I have no idea what they are.

If it matters I have a HydrosPro BCD and SP Mk11/C370.

Finally what’s the best braided hose brand?

Thanks!
Everything you need here and much less money than Miflex:

I like the braided hoses for travel regs and rubber hoses for "local" diving (that being I get there in my truck, 10 miles or 1,000 miles). Never had any problem with braided hoses, there are pros and cons to everything, pick your poison.

What’s so good about these vs rubber hoses?

They come in a lot of colour though, I wonder if they have aqua blue hoses :)

What’s so good about these vs rubber hoses?

They come in a lot of colour though, I wonder if they have aqua blue hoses :)
They’re lighter and more flexible. Traveling divers seem to like them for weight savings. They suck for long hose use, though. I use rubber for that. I have a mix of rubber and braided.

They’re lighter and more flexible. Traveling divers seem to like them for weight savings. They suck for long hose use, though. I use rubber for that. I have a mix of rubber and braided.
Is that because it would rub against your neck and not make a nice bend?

Back
Top Bottom