How to get the most out of Cayman trip?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy and Angie,

I have never dove off Brac, but I would second the endorsement for Little Cayman. I suggest that in addition to LCBR, you also google Southern Cross, PIrates Point, Paradise Villas, and Conch Club to see what appeals to you most.

Thanks for all the replies.

We have actually opted to go to Cozumel in April. By doing the trip to Cozumel we can spend a second week in the Keys later this year. If we had done the Caymans that would have about depleted our diving Budget for the year. But we will visit the Caymans soon. Thanks again.

IceBergSlim Regarding Cayman dive ops: I must admit I did not like diving with DiveTech but many people on the board love them. I found the operation lacking in just about every way.[/QUOTE:
Could you expand on that? I have never done a boat dive with divetech but have done a gazillion shore dives and a deco course with them.

IMHO divetech rocks,what did you not like about them? Just interested.

ianr33:
Could you expand on that? I have never done a boat dive with divetech but have done a gazillion shore dives and a deco course with them.

IMHO divetech rocks,what did you not like about them? Just interested.

I had attempted to book our dives in advance over the phone but found that difficult. They were rude when we arrived. (Nancy was away). The woman behind the counter at the dive shop was a bit too full of herself for my taste. After a few short moments with her I decided never to return.

To be honest I had only chosen them because I had hoped that my GF and I could do some nice easy dives. When I wanted something more interesting I was assured I could get the tanks, mix and deco gas I wanted. That last point proved untrue.

On the standard rec dives the crew were pretty decent. I did make the mistake of testing the hookah and found it turned off on two occasions. I had an old slate in my dive bag and had written "OUT OF ORDER-Divetech" in case it was shut off a third time.

Almost all the tanks we used during our week there were out of VIP. (and that is not an exaggeration) I am an inspector myself and don't really have a problem with that but ya gotta admit it is a bit sloppy.

The shore dives are ok.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom