how to pressure group / deep dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'll echo what has been said already - this was grossly unsafe.

Diving off another's computer is an absolute no-no. Its one of the better ways to get bent, for one thing, especially when diving deep and long.

Computing this as a square profile (table) dive, as was noted, you're WAY into mandatory deco, especially on the second dive. While you might not have had an actually deco obligation based on the actual profile you dove, there is no way without YOU having the computer to KNOW that.

I'd recommend being a bit more conservative in the future, and either planning your dives on a table, individually, or getting yourself a computer.

I do lots of diving that the tables say is "impossible" but the computer likes just fine, but I don't share my computer.....

This is the first I've heard of any PADI table that includes Deco obligations. I did a quick Google search without any luck. Is there any chance you could post a scan of the table you're using?

Thanks,

Texass once bubbled...
This is the first I've heard of any PADI table that includes Deco obligations. I did a quick Google search without any luck. Is there any chance you could post a scan of the table you're using?

Thanks,

Read on the back of the table, there a bunch of stuff about "mandatory" saftey stops depending on how much you exceeded your NDL by.

The older PADI tables had real deco times on them.

Of course you can't even SPEAK the word "deco" in an OW class anymore, so they've "gone away."

"Emergency Decompression - If a no-decompression limit is exceeded by no more than 5 mins, an 8-min decompression stop at 15 ft is mandatory. (...) If a no-decompression limit is exceeded by more than 5 mins, a 15-ft decompression stop of no less than 15 mins is urged."
(Version 1.0 010 PDK9 PRODUCT NO. 66054)

I'd like to see PADI's Deco tables.

Texass once bubbled...
"Emergency Decompression - If a no-decompression limit is exceeded by no more than 5 mins, an 8-min decompression stop at 15 ft is mandatory. (...) If a no-decompression limit is exceeded by more than 5 mins, a 15-ft decompression stop of no less than 15 mins is urged."
(Version 1.0 010 PDK9 PRODUCT NO. 66054)

I'd like to see PADI's Deco tables.

But, why do you want to see PADIs old school tables - they're just navy tables with some cuishon.

Are you just curious? Everyone I know that does serious deco diving using computer programs, like V-planner or GUE's

JeffAustin once bubbled...
I don't know if it is legible.

That's readable. I'm going to print that out and dive it today. j/k!

I'd like to see how those numbers compare to other tables/programs.

Now if only I dove with air.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom