How to Quick-Pak??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TimorDiver

Registered
Reaction score
Hello mares fans,

I have the Aliikai BCD and love it. When they delivered it, all small and packed about the size of a football, I briefly thought before undoing it all, "Wait, I should write this down so I can repeat it!". And then tore it apart like a Christmas present and have dived with it for a year now!

My first big trip with the BCD is coming up however, and of course, I can't for the life of me figure out how to Quick-Pak it again!! I have looked on the Mares website but can't find any instructions or a manual...

Tips please?

Glad you like your bcd. Here is the quick version on folding it up.

• undo tank strap from buckle
  • undo top secondary tank strap
  • unclip trim weight pocket buckles
  • unclip shoulder strap buckles
  • unclip sternum strap buckle
  • Place bcd backside down, cushion facing you, top of bcd up
  • fold one MRS ditchable pocket over the other, onto back cushion
  • holding them together from the bottom fold the weight pockets and bottom 1/3 of bcd up
  • from here you will use the trim weight pocket buckle to secure to the shoulder strap buckle, then pull strap to tighten
  • tuck inflator hose under sternum strap, then buckle and tighten
  • wrap main tank strap around bundled bc, and just run webbing through a couple of slots in the buckle to secure that strap
  • redo top secondary tank strap to its buckle
Voila that should do it. Everything sort of falls together when your doing it. This may sound more challenging than it is.

Good luck!

Hi Zak,

Thanks for the detailed instructions! I can't wait to try them out when I get home.

Congrats to Mares on making a great BCD (despite the lack of pocket space :( ). If only you had more service centres in Asia-Pacific! Overall though it is the most comfortable BCD I have ever dived with - in the water it's like it's not even there. After years of uncomfortable BCDs with hard back plates and chafing around the neck, it's a whole new world of diving.

Thanks! (And thanks for making it pretty, too!) :blinking:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom