How to repair holes in the Fusion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Gorilla tape failed? Wow. I've used it twice, and both patches are going strong (one is a year old). And I use SailKote on the inside of my suit, too.

Are you sure you know where the leak is?

Gorilla tape failed? Wow. I've used it twice, and both patches are going strong (one is a year old). And I use SailKote on the inside of my suit, too.

Are you sure you know where the leak is?

The hole is about an inch long, so it's not hard to miss.
Did you do any prep to the site first? I pulled down the skin and laid down the spot with the hole on a hard surface to smooth out the tape and let it sit overnight.
My buddy had a good laugh watching all the water that was in my suit as I pulled it off.

Did you put the patch on the outside? I put mine on the inside -- that way, you have a LOT of tape that isn't exposed to water at all.

Did you put the patch on the outside? I put mine on the inside -- that way, you have a LOT of tape that isn't exposed to water at all.

Something is different with either our DS cores or the gorilla tape. The tape would not stick at all to the inside, so I put it on the outside.
I think our core is probably different. My DS was made last fall. The inside of the core is grey/silver and is very slick. When I went to White's demo days a few months ago, they had older Fusions and if I remember right, the inside of the cores were black. I asked the rep about it, and he said that they did make a change to the core last year.

Last edited:
Ah, that might be it. I do have the original, black core.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom