How to tell difference between Pro and Original?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My Pro's have a bungee (Uncleavi would be proud) and the tag with Pro on it that TN is talking about, though people can replace the their straps or bungees and lose the tag. How 'bout a flip test Bob? Can you tell that way? I know the Pro's are stiffer, but that only helps if you have a Pro and Original side by side

I'd always thought that the Originals didn't have the little 'lip' on either side of the foot pocket where the blade protrudes slightly, as on the Pros. I have a pair of the Pros in XXL for my drysuit and my wife has a pink-purple pair of M size Pros, and I also have one of the first 50 pair of Flying Force Fins, which I always thought were based on the Original FF. Obviously, they have the droop tips, but aside from that, the blade ends as it reaches the foot pocket. So, ignoring the droop tips and just concentrating on the foot pocket area, the Pros and Flying Force fins look totally different. Bob - were the Flying Force based on Originals, totally different, or what were they based on if I am off the mark.

Cheers

Mark

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom