How to tell old X1 from a new X1?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dante31

Registered
Reaction score
I want to get a Liquivision X1 from a local dive shop that happens to be a distributor, and I was wondering how I could tell if it is the new X1 with ceramic sensors that I am getting, or the older version with silicone filled sensors?

I want to get a Liquivision X1 from a local dive shop that happens to be a distributor, and I was wondering how I could tell if it is the new X1 with ceramic sensors that I am getting, or the older version with silicone filled sensors?

They all have serial numbers engraved in the case. I'd get the number and contact LV.

Tobin

They all have serial numbers engraved in the case. I'd get the number and contact LV.

Tobin

I was hoping for something more subtle, and less time consuming that I could use before I pay for it. Whipping out my cellphone and calling Liquivision to check it out might seem a bit excessive from the side.

Since you said this, does it mean the words: "ceramic sensor" don't appear anywhere on the box?

I know this is an old thread but I was looking for the answer myself and here it is (hardware version 1-4 have the silicon sensors; hardware version 5 has the ceramic sensors):

Attachments

• LVX1_v5.jpg
    LVX1_v5.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 92
  • LVX1_v5a.jpg
    LVX1_v5a.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 96
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom