How you see yourself....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
yeah, i have no clue what DD is talking about myself, but he
does have an odd sense of humour
:eyebrow:
Guilty as charged! But, IMHO, these remarks...
dlndavid:
So how do you see yourself?

Total Posts: 89 (0.18 posts per day)
You list your occupation as a writer, but you only have .18 posts per day (Join Date: 05-21-2003)

I'm not a writer
(or a diver in your opinion, I'm sure, with only 7 dives)

But I do have

Total Posts: 196 (1.51 posts per day)
(Join Date: 05-07-2004)
....were kinda' rude to an accomplished Master Diver who simply doesn't hang around as much as some of us. I have 10.84 posts a day for over a year, but that doesn't make me a writer*, certainly wouldn't qualify me to hint that someone else is not not, in fact - means nothing. It only means I talk a lot, even though most of it has been greeting new members onf Intros.

* Published in periodicals, but never paid for it.

DandyDon:
Guilty as charged! But, IMHO, these remarks...

....were kinda' rude to an accomplished Master Diver who simply doesn't hang around as much as some of us. I have 10.84 posts a day for over a year, but that doesn't make me a writer*, certainly wouldn't qualify me to hint that someone else is not not, in fact - means nothing. It only means I talk a lot, even though most of it has been greeting new members onf Intros.

* Published in periodicals, but never paid for it.

I see, you think I was rude. Instead of just looking deeper.
This is a Forum, and I find your comments to be the ones that ARE RUDE. So what if he is an accomplished Master Diver (no offense to Keith), Your comments, especially as "greeter" are way out of line. I called nobody names, nor did I insult anyone, but you did. So what do you think of yourself?

troll diver

Sorry if I was the rude one here.

BTW, Greeters are just members. We're allowed personal opinions, too.

no one was out of line. you both were just speaking your minds.

however, please take this discussion up on PM's and let's not derail this thread

I see myself as being on the cusp. Is that in better keeping with the thread?

Seriously though I am very wary of giving myself a title of some sorts so I'll say that I'm a diver who listens to the little voice inside his head that goes "I wouldn't go in that cave/wreck if I was you."

hmm... I see myself as the eager newbie, knowing my confidence in my abilities is totaly misplaced - so at least I know that I don't know, which comes in handy thus keeping me cautious. But how others see me is also of interest, but I'm sure that's another thread...

So, who want's to go diving.... regardless of how silly I look in that oversized wetsuite LOL

You still did not post on topic.
"How you see yourself.... ?"
(per the original thread)

i see myself as continously improving my skills and my knowledge. my goal is to be
as safe a diver as possible with regards to me, my buddies, and the environment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom