Howdy from Houston

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DescentHobby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum. I'm mostly here to learn/lurk and spend some money in the classified section.
Only been diving for about 18 months, but just passed the 50 dive mark in Bonaire in May. Living in Houston, we are lucky to have the 2 hour cheap flights to Cozumel.
I got my advanced certification late last year and am thinking maybe recue diver next, just to obtain some more safety skills.

Welcome to the forums! Rescue is a great class, and also a good step toward Solo if you decide to go that route.

Hello from Katy/TX, welcome!!!Im going to Belize next week its another good destination from Houston as well…

Welcome. By now I'm guessing you've heard of the M-V Fling liveaboard, which might be of interest to you. Glad you got to enjoy Bonaire.

Richard.

Welcome. By now I'm guessing you've heard of the M-V Fling liveaboard, which might be of interest to you. Glad you got to enjoy Bonaire.

Richard.
I have indeed. Going to try to get it in this summer. I have heard great things, but also people saying they didn't know they were prone to seasickness before that trip, and found out the hard way, :D
Bonaire was amazing. We got treated to a large pod of Dolphins on our final dive at The Lake

Welcome aboard and greeting from Lake Jackson, TX!

I got Rescue Diver certification from Gigglin' Marlin Dive and Swim - Scuba Diving & Swim Lessons | Scuba Diving & Swim Lessons, Gear & Repairs - Houston under the guidance of Dough Jones. Highly recommended!

Then I sent my brother there to get his OWC and took him to Komodo afterwards. He had a blast in Komodo!
I live about a mile from them, my lady friend just got certified with them before our trip.

Reactions: Dan
I have indeed. Going to try to get it in this summer. I have heard great things, but also people saying they didn't know they were prone to seasickness before that trip, and found out the hard way, :D
Bonaire was amazing. We got treated to a large pod of Dolphins on our final dive at The Lake

Here’s the last time I was there. About time to do it again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom