HP Tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lol yea that makes sense I'll have to adjust accordingly with that 130 tank.

And BoulderJohn: I hope to milk my 130 tank for the reason there will be so much new to me to try out! They will have an SMB workshop that I will probably do with the AL80 and a scooter workshop that I will do with the HP130, I should have quite a bit of air after that workshop left, so I plan on doing another dive if the air is available. If not and I use all the air, then sucks to be me, but at the depth we are at then I should have more air than I have dove with in the past (where I was at 60 feet the whole dive)

who knows I might end up renting steel tanks all the time if I like it, and eventually buy.

lol yea that makes sense I'll have to adjust accordingly with that 130 tank.

And BoulderJohn: I hope to milk my 130 tank for the reason there will be so much new to me to try out! They will have an SMB workshop that I will probably do with the AL80 and a scooter workshop that I will do with the HP130, I should have quite a bit of air after that workshop left, so I plan on doing another dive if the air is available. If not and I use all the air, then sucks to be me, but at the depth we are at then I should have more air than I have dove with in the past (where I was at 60 feet the whole dive)

who knows I might end up renting steel tanks all the time if I like it, and eventually buy.
@Slym, don't be hung up on steel vs AL. There are two issues: (1) the steel WILL weigh more in water than will the AL, so the additional lead you need to carry will be different; (2) the steel MAY hold more gas the AL, but not necessarily. There are steel 80s, so the same amount of gas as your AL80, and there are AL100s, so the same amount of gas as your HP100. Also, you sound like you want a big tank that holds a lot of gas because your breathing rate is high. You would be better off working on your breathing rate, which has numerous longterm benefits, including being happy with an AL80 while you are diving on travel.

I know the breathing will come with time, once I work on moving less, breathing steady, and so on I should be fine with whatever I have, but all in all I would like to stay underwater as long as I can whether I reach my no deco limit or run low on air... the underwater is fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom