Question Humidity and sleep in Raja Ampat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I’m at Papua Explorers now and the lack of AC hasn’t been an issue… so much breeze as the bungalow is over the water. I say this as someone who has AC on 24/7 in Singapore.

Hi All

For Those who don't sleep well in high humidity:

I'm looking for advice from those who struggle to sleep in very humid conditions (with no air con).

I'm looking at Papua Explorers, or Papua Paradise over water bungalows as accomodation but am concerned that a ceiling fan will not be enough to help me sleep. I just came back from Fiji and I know I would not have been able to sleep without the air conditioner at Uprising Beach Resort.

I'm used to the dry heat of Sydney, Australia - if anyone can relate and has stayed in tropical conditions with only a ceiling fan can let me know if they were able to rest or if they do not recommend it at all. Is there a resort (mid range) that would be better suited for me? That would help me greatly.
I just returned from staying at Papua explorers for 11 days in November. There was a ceiling fan along with a small plug in fan (which I put on my bed and aimed at my face). It was humid for sure. This was in bungalow 16. There was zero mosquitoes and they said they just don’t have them.
It is an awesome place and I wouldn’t hesitate to return.
My guide was Jen.

I’m at Papua Explorers now and the lack of AC hasn’t been an issue… so much breeze as the bungalow is over the water. I say this as someone who has AC on 24/7 in Singapore.
@jjmochi Shucks you have done a ton of dive trips this year!!! I'm so jealous. Looking forward to your trip report.

I'm very sensitive to heat and humidity, but I don't have problems in Raja Ampat when there is a breeze. Bungalows over the water would be fine for me if there's a fan.

I chose a resort with AC, the Raja Ampat Dive Lodge, because I didn't know I'd be fine in the above conditions.

Back
Top Bottom