Question Could you sleep in an overwater bungalow with no A/C?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would do it, though i'm fairly tolerant coming from a high humidity area and camping, etc. I'd say rely on the reviews you can find of the places. If there's not that many that mention the lack of a/c, then there's probably a good chance it'll be fine and comfortable. Pending time of the year too though

Only AC can eliminate both factors + mossie(to a certain extend).
We all have different levels of tolerance to many things. To be honest, I would never ask such a personal question in a open forum.
If in doubt chose AC.

I thought I could take relatively spicy food in Thailand until I tried the real McCoy of Thai Papaya salad! One mouthful was barely manageable! LOL.
what a judgemental thing to say. the whole point is to get everyone's experience, of course it's personal, but it can also be educational

Been busy holidaying, hey why don't you hurry back in case you're missed

In a word... YES.
I have lived in Louisiana and Florida without A/C...

I have never had AC outside of an apartment in Phoenix for a couple of years. None of my houses have ever had it. Hard to fathom that I couldn't sleep if I was tired.

NO!
Went to Roatan, west end once, found an airy upstairs room on an ismuth with beaches on both sides you could hit with a rock. But no AC. I knew better but the location beguiled me.
We arrived, I poured sweat for 8 hours, no sleep. We moved to the AC room I had originally booked that night at 10pm.

NEVER, EVER AGAIN FOR THIS GUY!!!!!!!!@

Only AC can eliminate both factors + mossie(to a certain extend).
We all have different levels of tolerance to many things. To be honest, I would never ask such a personal question in a open forum.
If in doubt chose AC.

I thought I could take relatively spicy food in Thailand until I tried the real McCoy of Thai Papaya salad! One mouthful was barely manageable! LOL.
Ha ha ha....the Thais will burn your face off!
One half chili only please!

Ha ha ha....the Thais will burn your face off!
One half chili only please!
Real thai food scares me and my wife is Pakistani. Probably going to burn my a-hole off there this summer.

I once stayed in a cabin in Dominica that was perched on a cliff edge, extending out over the sea, about 20 feet off the water. No AC, no screens, but breeze all night, sometimes strong enough bring fireflys down from the mountains. A few mosquitos, but very few and no trouble sleeping. I'd go again if it were still there.

I once stayed in a cabin in Dominica that was perched on a cliff edge, extending out over the sea, about 20 feet off the water. No AC, no screens, but breeze all night, sometimes strong enough bring fireflys down from the mountains. A few mosquitos, but very few and no trouble sleeping. I'd go again if it were still there.
That sounds freaking awesome.

Back
Top Bottom