Hurricane Isadore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTexan

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
How bad is Cozumel getting it? I saw some pictures on the Weather Channel and it looked kinda bad on the Yucatan Peninsula, but they never did say anything specifically about Cozumel...

Ken

Hi Ken,

At the moment, wind around 25-30mph with gusts to perhaps 40. Passing rain, some torrential. Some streets are flooded, and in more removed areas trees, telephone lines & some power lines are down, although el centro is being taken care of. Port was closed to small boats this AM, and currently to all boats.

PDC<----> Coz ferry has been closed since Sat.

Airport is variously open & closed, depending on conditions.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Any more news on the hurricane? The timing of this really has me worried. I'm scheduled to fly into Cancun on Wednesday PM (9/25) and will take the PDC ferry across to Cozumel that evening.

Is the Cancun airport open? And is the Playa Del Carmen ferry operating yet?

Geez...I hope I don't have to postpone my trip...

Thx...Doug

we received an e-mail from our friend in Playa del Carmen last night. as of yesterday (Monday) afternoon it was pretty mild over there...some rain & wind. the electricity keeps going out. he didn't say anything about the ferry being closed.

Hi dgangi,

Heavy wave action and harbour still closed & ferry not running; periods of heavy rain alternating with periods of light rain, some flooded streets; winds running about 20mph with gusts to about 45, some foliage has been knocked down. Airport remains iffy.

Sorry, amigo.

DocVikingo

just got home tonight!!!!!!!! :(

Got there on the 18th. One shore dive that day and 2 dives Thursday and then they closed the port!!!!

:mrcool: Still love the island though. When you go in September you always run the risk!!!!!!!!!!

Cocunuts is the place to hang. Lots of fun in the rain!!! Dogs, cats and birds! And lots of divers looking for fun and games!

The no name bar is also a fun place, lots of local flavor. Not going to tell you where it is if you don't know it since it is very small and not over run yet! LOL

So I am home again and looking forward to getting back home to the island I love!!!!:niceday: :home: :niceday:

Happy divingHappy diving!!!

Just got home yesterday. One day of diving. Looked like it was getting better though except there are suppose to be more storms behind Isadore. Still wish I was there instead of here!!!!

All dive boats, both large & small, are out, and ferries are running normally. Car ferry going, as well. Light rain last night has passed & after some patch sun it's now mostly overcast. Just a slight breeze & calm water.

Reports of a fair amount of beach erosion on both the east & west sides, and some pooled wateron some streets, continue.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Back
Top Bottom