hydro help!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

headhunter:
Yeah, that's approaching the 500 psi mark! That's more than just cooling down a bit.

I've thought about getting myself a gauge to test the tank after getting it filled, so I don't have to haul my reg into the shop. I guess I could just ask them for their gauge. I guess if they fill properly, they shouldn't mind.

We'll end the hijack now.

Back on topic: How can slyder get a hydro on his tank on the same day? Is there anyplace that does this?

Christian
Most shops hydro turn around is 1 week. At LSS if you drop off on a Thursday they come back on the following Friday. The only shop I know of that has a hydro facility on-site is Pacific Wilderness in Pedro, but I have no idea on their turn-around.

I just okayed it with the wife, so I can join you guys on Sunday at Reef Point. 8:30 is a little late for me though :wink: but I think I can swing it. I have some spare tanks I can bring if anyone needs a hook up.

I bet he's out of luck for a hydro over Memorial Day Weekend.

Always have them top off your tank. If you wait the time for it to cool down, they should top off your tank No problem.

Once at LSS he would not fill my high pressure tank beyond 3000 since I had the yoke insert in my tank. Why have an 80 when you only get 72 Cu ft? :) I'd try to bring my filled tanks to the dive site!

Conditions look great, have some awsome dives!

spare tanks... :D heck yeh bring them ill just bring my yoke adapter and some xtra weight. as for the hydro im leaving for sport chalet in a min. ill just let them do it and ill get my HP filled i know 2 of the guys over there so my chances for getting a good fill are better than average. :yelclap:

headhunter:
Yeah, that's approaching the 500 psi mark! That's more than just cooling down a bit.

I've thought about getting myself a gauge to test the tank after getting it filled, so I don't have to haul my reg into the shop. I guess I could just ask them for their gauge. I guess if they fill properly, they shouldn't mind.

We'll end the hijack now.

Back on topic: How can slyder get a hydro on his tank on the same day? Is there anyplace that does this?

Christian

I had the same experience (a few times) at LSS...now I have a punch card for Lubirdi's dive shop over at CampTown...they always provide cool-fills all the way to the max limit of your tank and that's a standard service....which should be the norm at any dive shop....don't get me wrong I love Gordon but air fills are not one of his good services.
Love to support him but I work hard for my money too..
Cheers...
I envy everyone diving this weekend...my wife is out of town and I have the baby care duties, different kind of fun you know!!!!!

Open Water Habitat Marine Schools in Santa Ana at First St. and the 5 fwy has the capability to do same day hydros if you are willing to pay the extra bank for it. And I can assure you that it won't be cheap. I would rent tanks and not worry about getting the hydro by Sunday.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom