Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Would like to know more about your thoughts between the Zeagle and the Hydros pro. I have used a Zeagle BCD for over 20 years and it just died with the infltaor hose ripping completely out of the bladder. I was about to order a XXXL ranger but then saw the Hydros Pro might fit me too. I originally bough the Zeagle because it was a soft pack and still comfortable. I would be very interested in your direct comparison. Thanks.
I have no problems with the Ranger at all. It is a great BC. You cant really compair the two. The Hydros does not come with the storage of the Ranger. However it is a great modular BC that really conforms to the diver. I use it more than my BP/W. It just works. SCUBA gear is based on what works for you. Try one out if you can. A lot of people do not like the price. I find that what is expensive to some is not a big deal to others. I love the BC and intend to have it a long time.

Just for information, I went with the Hydros Pro and it was okay but certainly not my favourite. It's a bit fiddly, not enough D rings and the ones included are tiny. It's all a bit fiddly coming from both a Zeagle and a Xdeep Harness and Backplate BC. Admittedly I did not try it with the replacment simple waist strap but that kind of defeats the purpose of the hydros pro with all it's proprietary attachment points etc.

Hi everyone,
I am thinking to buy the Hydros Pro but I was wondering as this model already have 7+ years, if they could launch a more recent similar model.
Any news or thoughts?
Thanks,

Always a risk in life. I've bought two new cars in my life and they always surprise
Hi everyone,
I am thinking to buy the Hydros Pro but I was wondering as this model already have 7+ years, if they could launch a more recent similar model.
Any news or thoughts?
Thanks,

Always a risk for sure. BCD manufacturers don't seem quite as aggressive as car manufacturers at updating their kit tho.... They just introduced the S-Tec stuff this year have not seen anything new about the hydros personally.

Hi everyone,
Any news or thoughts?
Thanks,

The new product catalog will be out by end of October or early November. If you can wait that long, you will get an indication if there is a new and improved version of the Hydros Pro. This is no guarantee that there won't be a new version coming out later in 2024 but at least you know if there is one coming out later this year or early 2024.

There is also a Hydros X BC but that's an "almost" jacket style BC that came out a year or two ago. It is a great BC but it is more "Jacket" than back inflate BC.

thanks guys. I will wait for a couple of months see if there is something new, including DEMA in November.

Back
Top Bottom