Hydros Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry for all the Hydros questions: Someone said the monopreme is 'sticky'. Has anyone tried it without a wetsuit? How does it fare on bare skin? Thanks.

Can anyone tell me if the Hydros Pro Size chart is accurate. It says the XL/XXL size is good for a 58 inch waist which is perfect for me. The only other BCD I know that might be a similar size would be a Zeagle Ranger XXXL. Thanks!
Try it first. I leant my hydros xxl to a friend of similar girth and it was a wee snug.

Sorry for all the Hydros questions: Someone said the monopreme is 'sticky'. Has anyone tried it without a wetsuit? How does it fare on bare skin? Thanks.
Wetsuit is fine but bare skin I haven't tried. Why would you do that? Unless it's your 100th dive, of course.

I use just a rash guard and it's perfectly fine with that, so I can recommend that for sure. The rash guard also offers some protection against anything touching skin that may cause irritation etc.

It’s grippy but no big deal, don’t know about the fit but it may fit you. I used a Ranger for a short time as well as the hydros, I would pick the hydros over the zeagle .

Wetsuit is fine but bare skin I haven't tried. Why would you do that? Unless it's your 100th dive, of course.
I never dive in a wetsuit in the tropics. Too hot, too uncomfortable and bonus you can use less lead. NIght dives, I might don a shortie just to feel more protected.

It’s grippy but no big deal, don’t know about the fit but it may fit you. I used a Ranger for a short time as well as the hydros, I would pick the hydros over the zeagle .
Thank you. The ranger is the only 'off the rack' BCD I have used in the last 20 years with the others being harness type. Can you tell me what you like more about the Hydros v Zeagle?

I never dive in a wetsuit in the tropics. Too hot, too uncomfortable and bonus you can use less lead. NIght dives, I might don a shortie just to feel more protected.
Rash guard and board shorts, for me. I like the layer of protection.

Very interesting thread. The SP Hydros is a nice unit and works for many divers.

The BP/W beauty as I see it: It's simple and unclutters the diver especially if it's set up in the Hogarthian way.

Thank you. The ranger is the only 'off the rack' BCD I have used in the last 20 years with the others being harness type. Can you tell me what you like more about the Hydros v Zeagle?
The Ranger is nice, the hydros feels less bulky to me. I went back to back plate with each trial.

Back
Top Bottom