Hyper Aqualand Software

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken:
OK, I know this is a software issue, but wondered if anyone else has experienced it.

Yesterday after a couple of dives I downloaded the dive data into the program.

Went into the edit mode to edit the dives.

When I got to the Dive Type and Dive Suit fields and tried to select one the selections I put into the fields I received an "Access Violation" error message.

Has this happened to anyone else, and if so, were you able to rectify the situation?

An access violation error is triggered by Windows when the program wants to access a memory part which it isn't allowed to; like it is already addressed to another program, or it does use it already in another part of the program. This is definitely a bug, but not likely.
However it is likely your Windows XP SP2 is bothering. Due to security reasons Windows XP SP2 doesn't allow (in some cases) the access of any memory part by older less secure programs (which triggers the "access violation" error). In this case you have to change the program mode to "Windows 2000" or even "Windows 98" via the file properties.

David Bolowiski
DreamDives
http://www.dreamdives.org

Thanx, SPSC, but somehow I seem to have worked it out.
Didn't go back and do an analytical assessment of the steps I followed, but it works.
I guess I should have so if anyone else encountered the problem I could help them.

Oops . . .

Now if I could just get my "Custom Colors" pallette to work. . .

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom