I bought some GEAR!! Ughh, please make me feel good about the $thousands I dropped!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang !!

Thanks for noticing Leesa. I try to watch, but sometimes miss the old dates. That is why I have requested twice now that SB add the thread start date onto the main "new posts" display. (In my defense, I wasn't the first, but still, I should have been watching more carefully!)

20 lashes will be delivered!

W

As long as you're happy with the gear, thats all that matters. Most divers cut corners on their FIRST set of gear, then upgrade, and in the long run its more expensive to do it that way. In my opinion you made a smart move. By the way, I leave for Coz in the AM, diving with Living Underwater, staying at Hotel Coz.

Just rubbing in in heh? :wink:

Ah, so he prob'ly had to sell his gear and that's why he hasn't logged in in two years...

stevezak:
Ya know how in life ya go into the car dealer, TV store, etc. And "for a few dollars more you can get .." Well, that was me, WITHOUT any pressure from the dive folks at the shop. I just kept seeing what I could get and before ya know it, ughhh . So, here's what I got. And before you read this, you have to know that I haven't EVEN dived yet, I'm going to Cozumel this Sunday.

Oceanic Delta III Regulator. The most common sense purchase of all of them. On sale, with student discount, about $318. It seems like a great reg and tested high. Good company, etc.

But THEN ... BCD = Scubapro S tek (Vtek??) back bouyancy with alternate air source integrated with BCD inflator. I believe in my Dive Instructor's notion that if anyone is out of air, they are coming at yours in your mouth, and so your alternate is right there. Plus less hoses. And I purchased with one goal, (besides quality-safety-etc) STREAMLINE!! Ok, that was about $618 with discount and octo integrated with LPI.

But then, after Dacor Tiger Fins, which are great and about $180 before discount, and Shadow mask, which is HIGHLY rated and $79 or so - then comes the dive computer.

I got the Aladin Air Z-02 UWATEC $950 - my discount (so about $850). This thing is air inetgrated, nitrox ready, hoohaaa, it even makes you orange juice before the dive.

Did I do wrong, was I over zealous? was I a bad boy? Help??

Steve

Now that you gots it, lets get out and use it! Your um... missing tanks though.

Congrats! Dive often and keep it fun!!!!! :D

very high end computer, and very low end regs....

oct/inflator integration is a very very poor choice. so, if you;re donating your primary reg, are you going to put a long hose on? ever tried to swim with a buddy why he/she is breathing from a short hose primary or integrated octopus/inflator?

good luck.

Even though this is an old thread, my advice to anyone with new gear
going on a trip, GET IN THE WATER and TEST YOUR GEAR before the dive
trip. Work out the kinks in your new setup before the trip! Even if it is in
a pool.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom