I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Its is a piece of sand stone, look at it close. (leverite) I have always said as well if you find it you can call it anything you want!!!!!!!!! :wink: If your ever in my area you can always bring the fossils in question to me and I will be happy to id them for you as well. Nothing like have it in your hand to get the feel of the fossil. Happy hunting

Found these today. Can use some help with ID's.
I know the two large teeth in the 2nd photo are mammoth. Not sure what the smaller bone next to them might be. 3rd photo, I think the black bone is from a horse, femur??? and the bone next to it I think is a dugong upper arm where it would join the bones in the flipper.
The long teeth horse or camel, the short teeth, bison???

Thanks

Attachments

• fossils1.JPG
    fossils1.JPG
    337.3 KB · Views: 216
  • fossils2.JPG
    fossils2.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 168
  • fossils3.JPG
    fossils3.JPG
    159.3 KB · Views: 171
Thanks for the offer. Number one is levertire. Do you agree with 17 being a Bull Shark?

Its is a piece of sand stone, look at it close. (leverite) I have always said as well if you find it you can call it anything you want!!!!!!!!! :wink: If your ever in my area you can always bring the fossils in question to me and I will be happy to id them for you as well. Nothing like have it in your hand to get the feel of the fossil. Happy hunting

Those are pretty cool finds. Looks like a cannon bone. The coloring is interesting too.

Looks like camel teeth , 2 fragments hard to tell from here, horse toe bone, small bones are turtle bones, horse teeth, camel cannon bone( lg bone), horse bone?, the 2 fragments not sure and the last is part of the turtle shell.

Fossils from today. 2nd photo has some antler pieces, new for me.
Jaw bone, any idea from what? Pretty large spaces between the teeth. Thick, heavy bone. Thought possibly alligator.

Attachments

• venice jawbone.JPG
    venice jawbone.JPG
    197.3 KB · Views: 176
  • venice antlers.JPG
    venice antlers.JPG
    119.9 KB · Views: 175
  • venice teeth 5_09.JPG
    venice teeth 5_09.JPG
    376.2 KB · Views: 163
I must be looking in the wrong spots out there. I never find mammal fossils like those when I dive Venice. That's alot of horse teeth.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom