I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The first one is a sharpnose shark and the middle one is a hemi. Not sure what the last one is can't see it from here.

Ok. Heres a few different pics of something I found Dec 23rd off Alhambra. The end on pic is little hard to see, but it looks like the end, is fairly smooth, almost like someone took a saw to it. Any ideas on what it is?

PICT0002.jpg
[/IMG]

PICT0003.jpg
[/IMG]

PICT0004.jpg
[/IMG]

PICT0005.jpg
[/IMG]

Looks like a piece of manatee

Thanks for the ID and compliment. We had it narrowed down to either a rib bone, tusk or other bone.

I used my DC 600 with a flash, with out the housing for the pics.

I think I know what this is but I thought I would ask people more knowlegable than I.

1" tall, 3/8" wide, cone shaped with concave bottom. Black base, brown top with dark vertical stripes. Good amount of weight for its size.

Found in a cavern off the Santa Fe river. Alligator tooth? It's the best I can do with the camera I have so excuse the poor quality.P2210007.JPG

It is a alligator tooth. Good job, was it found screening or diving?

Diving. I tend to slow down and just take a look at the area while on the way out. I've found a lot of very cool things this way. Thanks.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom