I.D. Your Fossils

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know what the teeth are - but there are some other items I am not sure of. I also can identify the sting ray barbs.....What are the ones with ridges?
pictures 1-6 are all sting ray mouth plates and barbs. The last two pictures are sand tiger shark teeth. Great job

Made it down to Service Club park today - found my first two bones - wanted to know if anyone had a solid idea - also found some teeth that I am not familiar with - all input appreciated.
Pictures 3+4 not sure from the bone angle. I love to find bones like that for the reason if you look at the picture carefully you will see the bite marks on the bone. Yes some a very animal enjoyed him for lunch and you can see his teeth marks in the it. That is something I would keep in my collection as well. Nice find.

Thanks Babe! I appreciate the IDs.

Here's something I found today with MoteMan :D

Not in the best shape - but it's pretty large :D :D

I have cleaned most of the crud off it - still have a little way to go.

Also got a horse leg bone, couple of horse teeth, alligator tooth today :D

Attachments

• Meg1.jpg
    Meg1.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 268
  • Meg2.jpg
    Meg2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 237
The bad thing about tooth hunting is that until you find the first meg you just want to find one. After that you're always look for a bigger/nicer one. It's a neverending quest! Very nice find Jim! Now you have a mark to beat.

Thanks Babe! I appreciate the IDs.

Here's something I found today with MoteMan :D

Not in the best shape - but it's pretty large :D :D

I have cleaned most of the crud off it - still have a little way to go.

Also got a horse leg bone, couple of horse teeth, alligator tooth today :D
Great jobs guys. Wow now your making me want to get out there. Heading up north with my client so I will be back in a few days. Let you know how I did when I get back home.

The bad thing about tooth hunting is that until you find the first meg you just want to find one. After that you're always look for a bigger/nicer one. It's a neverending quest! Very nice find Jim! Now you have a mark to beat.

That sure is the truth!!!:D

Jim, it appears, looking at picture 1 from left to right you have a bull shark, a broken hemipristis and I think a small meg. There is a good bit of glare on the pics and nothing to use for scale. A face on perspective might help in ID also. I'm no expert but that is what they look like to me.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom