I don't get side mount?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sidemount (i hesitate to say SM) is like sex, a lot of talk and not much action.....

Hmmmm ... I just finished a trip to the Red Sea where I did 24 dives in 9 days in sidemount. Several of those were below recreational depths and included scooters, deco bottles and a rather large camera rig. Several were wrecks, where we spent considerable time inside the wreck. Several were from a RIB where we had to remove our gear in-water and hand it up before climbing back onto the boat. Some of those were in fairly rough conditions. We went as far north as Dahab (211 fsw in the Blue Hole), and as far south as Brothers (167 fsw on the Numidia).

How much action did you have in mind?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Well Eric I hope you have gotten a fair amount of information on SM.
I think you can see how it can be a growing faction as the comments and interest on this thread have shown.
I have been diving SM for almost 5 years and just recently due to a injury sold my BM gear! :(
I loved using both configurations but due to neck/back disc issues have decided to only back mount CCR.
When my dives require it that is!

Great dialogue and SM is not new only become adopted by the broader sense of dive industry.
As demographics grow so will options to stay in the water.
Not everyone will dive the same configuration of SM there are many ways to get it done depending on the environment in which you are diving.
The main thing is be proficient, train hard, keep dives well within your personal limits.

CamG

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom