I got tinnitus it seems outta nowhere

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry I didn't read all the pages but have you started or stopped a new or old medication? Many medications can stimulate tinnitus...either on them or coming off them
I just noticed you mentioned benzos...you can look up protracted withdrawal....I was on Benzos for 18 years and tapered off for 11 months....I ended up with protracted withdrawal for years and tinnitus was one of the side effects...I have been off since September 2005....flare ups still occur every now and then but few and far between

Sorry I didn't read all the pages but have you started or stopped a new or old medication? Many medications can stimulate tinnitus...either on them or coming off them
I just noticed you mentioned benzos...you can look up protracted withdrawal....I was on Benzos for 18 years and tapered off for 11 months....I ended up with protracted withdrawal for years and tinnitus was one of the side effects...I have been off since September 2005....flare ups still occur every now and then but few and far between

Comforting, thank you. How many years did you suffer it?

The first year off after a 11 month taper was pretty brutal....I had flu like symptoms...head fog...and a host of other symptoms that is in that manual....After a year I was about 75% recovered....then it took about 4 more years to get 75-95% back to feeling normal...At 17 years being off it is a distant memory but the minute I read your original post I knew what your problem was....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom