I just have to post this.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the kind words. Things are moving along well with them. They are now in Module 3 Padi, and have had no problems.
The dive tables are coming soon. Greg I saw what you wrote in another post on them, so if needed I'll send them there.
They seem to have just the right instructor for who they are. He's a 29 year old "stud muffin" and a tech diver as well. He loves to just have fun in the water, and put them right in, before any book work. Wild huh? But they're loving it.
:sunny:

It's really great to be able to share your passion and love for diving with your kids...

What about those who are crazee about diving, but the feeling is not shared by your other half? My BF cannot swim, has a phobia of water (due to a near-drowning accident), is not interested in diving, and thinks that i spend too much time and money on diving, hates it when i talk about diving in his presence...so on and so forth....

anyone has this problem?? I know a relationship should be built on more than just a mutual sharing of interests...and considering his circumstances, i should be more understanding...but somehow i cant feeling deflated and disappointed with his reaction.....

sorry if this is a little off topic :)

Communicate. Loving is about giving and sharing. I don't like my girlfriend's friends, not all of them, but I do ask about them and try to get along with them. Doing so also helps me know my girlfriend better. She does the same thing with me on virtually all aspects of life.

Tell your boyfriend that he needs to understand that diving is a part of your life and he should respect that.

Errrr... you don't complain about the things he does, do you?

Yep. This is now definitely off-topic! Sorry fellow board members!

P.S. Send me an email at lee@diving.com.ph if you want to pursue this discussion. :)

Let us all know when the proud moment occurs --- when they get certified that is. We'll be almost as proud as you!

Soooo the next question is, just where will you take them diving next?

Latest update. Just finished Module 3. Much harder on Jesse. He was very sun burned from Father's day at the beach, and the BC hurt. I told him to keep his T shirt on, but, I'm told he didn't. His mask and BC were both too big. He doesn't have his own stuff yet, due to the fact we wanted to be sure he liked scuba. He was using his uncle's but decided to try their stuff. Not a good time for him. But he is far from giving up. After telling me all of this he said, "It's no big deal Mom." Of cource I thought it was.
But anyway, on to the tables next week. And I won't be here to help, since I leave for the British Virgin Islands tomorrow. I'm leaving a bit worried mom, as usual.
When all is done, C cards in hand, we have a fall family cruise. There will be 7 of us going. 5 are divers.
The ports will be Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Costa Maya, and the Princess private Island in the Bahamas.
Crossing my fingers on the weather, since it's in October.Thanks for asking.

Hey Natasha,

I know you've posted it somewhere before, but I'm lazy :)

What day are you going to be in Cozumel? I will also be there for one long day in October. Also keeping fingers crossed for the weather.

Jimbo

Jimbo,
I will be there Friday, October 12th. The time is from 7AM to 7PM. Hope it's the same day as you. With 5 divers we need a 6th.

just wanted to post a congrats on your children becoming C-card holders.

Thanks everyone. The boys just passed their book, and pool tests. And yes, they did it without my help since I was in the British Virgin Islands.
I guess the older they get the less they need old mom.
But old mom will always have more diving years on them, and they are jealous of this. Ha! :sunny:

This weekend completed the open water dives. Yep, they both passed with flying colors! They even did a fifth dive for fun.
No problems at all. Jordan even went down to 45 feet in 63 degree water to "See how it feels".
We had a great weekend.
Thanks for all the kind words.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom