I just WON a scooter!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, i thought it'd be a public service, you know ... for the love of the sport

:D

almitywife:
yeah... theres a 1800 number or register online with your credit card number :D
PM Sent. :rofl3:

Just kidding. I couldn't resist that one. :rofl3::rofl3:

-----

Mike.

Scooter story: On a Maui trip last year I went out with a guy from the LDS to do a scooter dive at 5 Graves. He had a lot of trouble keeping up with me...same scooter; just slower. Anyway, I zig-zagged to try to match his speed.

This went on for a while until I found a sock...yes, a sock...underwater and signalled to him to stop. (He did not see me pick it up) I tied the two scooters together at the handles and off we went. It worked great.

When we got back to the shop, he told the folks there: "Wow,it could have been a real drag. Good thing Jon brought a sock to tie the scooters together."

So....Don't forget your scooter sock when you go out scootin'. Halcyon has a DIR one for $128.00. The one on Maui ran about $4000.00 including air fare.:wink:

By the way, his scooter was slower because the pitch on the propeller was set differently than mine. It was an easy fix we didn't know about.:11doh:

You won a pool toy.:eyebrow:

Congrats! :D

ITS HERE!!!!!

ItsHere.jpg

OpenBox.jpg

took a bit longer becuause of christmas ect but im VERY excited as i have tne next 2 days off work to play with it....

Wait ... it looks like the airlines made a slight mistake ... that label reads "Louisville Kentucky" to me. :D

Have fun with your new scooter! and remember ... work comes before play. :) OR is it the other way around. :D

well first thing ive learned.... 30lbs weights alot!!!

just took it out of the box and im felt a twinge in my back by moving the wrong way

considering ive lost 100lbs this (last) year it now explains why my hubby always refused to carry me anywhere :wink:

hope to take it inot the pool tomorrow and then diving on thursday!

vrrrrrrrrrrrrrrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I bought my son a "less-expensive" Balamar and couldn't believe how much the battery weighs - it's like 9/10 the total weight! We tested his out in the pool too ... it was alot of fun, but not nearly as fun as the real deal.

Great job on loosing. I lost around 30lbs since may of last year, and it puts me at a better 175. The hardest part is getting past the "binging" craves that hit while eating less and exercising more. Hopefully this year, i'll get that down even more; looking for 155-165, which with my build, will be a good weight.

vrrrmmmmmm ... I can just hear the "giddy" cackles of fun across the ocean now. :)

Congrats!!!!!! Let us know how you like it. I tried a friends and thought it was really cool. Use almost no air when cruising around.

Congratulations. i used them on several dives and MAN are they fun. What a great little invention.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom