I like guns.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That first one looks like Remington from around the "War of Northern Aggression" as it is called around here. My dad had one that looked kinda like your picture. It had no family stories behind it - not sure where he got it from. It was sold a few years ago for around $700. It had some non-authentic repairs, or it may have fetched more.

It's a Navy Colt Six. The second is a peacemaker. It's what Rooster J Cogburn carried.

---------- Post added September 28th, 2013 at 08:02 PM ----------

Me gots an 1851 Navy in .44 cal. About to get a .22 semi auto rifle to play with as the black powder gets messy after five or six cylinders. And the 12 gauge stays by the bed. What I would really like is an 1872 winchester in 44-40 with the rifleman loop lever and set screw for the trigger. I just like western style guns. A nice little 12 gauge coach gun would be cool to have as well. If I ever get out of diving that's where the money will go. Old west style bpack powder and pre 98 arms.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

If you don't want that stuff I'll take it! :wink:

---------- Post added September 28th, 2013 at 08:04 PM ----------

And I'd take this over the 50 any day.

sako-trg-42-green-338-lapua-mag-phosph1.jpg

I want one of these...

image.jpg

Problem with diving is I have no money to buy new guns or time to use them!

I like my glocks, 23, 19, 26, and my shotguns. Just put them in a baggie and dive. Well, maybe there is a time and a place for everything. Dang, haven't found a way to combine all my hobbies. Books also a touch difficult underwater too.

My glock 23 has had 1 failure to eject and I blame the ammo. 2 failure to fire and it was the primer both times. That is through over 3500 rounds.

---------- Post added September 28th, 2013 at 08:36 PM ----------

My AR15 has had around 3500 rds throught it also and we're at zero failure to eject and one failure to fire, primer again. All three bad primers were winchester.

I see another advert on this SB page that might be right up your alley hockeynut. Advert has pic of very sexy gal in bikini and says Adult Gamers Only. Oops sorry not on topic. :wink:

I want a place to shoot, development has covered all my old shooting spots and I don't like ranges.

Good places to shoot are almost non-existent in NJ, and I do love my guns.

I have a small collection of mostly WW1 and WW2 pistols, including Lugers, Walthers, and Nambus; a few very old flintlock pistols, a Trapdoor Springfield; some SKSs, Kar 98s, Springfield 03s, a 1784 brass blunderbuss, a little takedown Weatherby.22, a 1903 Colt auto in .380 that looks like a miniature 1911, a 1917 S&W .45 revolver, a Mk5 .455 Webley, several shotguns...hell, I've accumulated quite a collection, more than I thought.

I used to take them out and shoot up a storm in isolated areas in South Jersey, but all of these places have been developed, or turned into recreation areas. I have to drive at least 100 miles to find a safe place to shoot. I really miss firing the Parkerized WW2 era Colt 1911A that was arsenal refinished and issued to me a long time ago. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds, and never a single jam or failure.

I was at a big outdoor flea market in South Florida a couple of years ago. One table had some old pistols. I asked about a WW1 Ruby .32 that had seen some use. "Works just fine" I was told. The exhibitor pressed two into the magazine, jacked one into the chamber and fired two quick shots into the dirt. A thousand people there, and nobody even turned around. I like that about Florida.

Good places to shoot are almost non-existent in NJ, and I do love my guns.

I have a small collection of mostly WW1 and WW2 pistols, including Lugers, Walthers, and Nambus; a few very old flintlock pistols, a Trapdoor Springfield; some SKSs, Kar 98s, Springfield 03s, a 1784 brass blunderbuss, a little takedown Weatherby.22, a 1903 Colt auto in .380 that looks like a miniature 1911, a 1917 S&W .45 revolver, a Mk5 .455 Webley, several shotguns...hell, I've accumulated quite a collection, more than I thought.

I used to take them out and shoot up a storm in isolated areas in South Jersey, but all of these places have been developed, or turned into recreation areas. I have to drive at least 100 miles to find a safe place to shoot. I really miss firing the Parkerized WW2 era Colt 1911A that was arsenal refinished and issued to me a long time ago. Hundreds and hundreds of rounds, and never a single jam or failure.

I was at a big outdoor flea market in South Florida a couple of years ago. One table had some old pistols. I asked about a WW1 Ruby .32 that had seen some use. "Works just fine" I was told. The exhibitor pressed two into the magazine, jacked one into the chamber and fired two quick shots into the dirt. A thousand people there, and nobody even turned around. I like that about Florida.

BATF will arrive shortly. You do not "need" all those guns.

The list of suspects is growing. BATF is going to be very busy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom