I Need a New Hose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

HullBlister

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Its time to retire my long hose and I was thinking of a Miflex 84". Is there a DIR consensus on this product?

Thanks!

Blister

I don't think there is a consensus. The only person I know who has tried a 7' Miflex hose found it was too floppy and got erratic when he was scootering.

I now use MiFlex hoses on all my rigs including the 7'...no problems at all kick diving or on the scooter..everything just does better with these hoses. Smoother all the way around.
Yarg

I have yet to try them but I have seen 2 people switch every hose they could over to miflex with no complaints other than expense.

Thanks for the input.

Anything I get will be better than what I had. That hose was so stiff that it kep pushing my reg around in my mouth! Plus I think I "lost" some length because of how long the bends were in the routing. It was so stiff that I think the tightest it would ben was a 3' diameter. :confused:

I swear gas pump hose was more flexible.

Blister

Thanks for the input.

Anything I get will be better than what I had. That hose was so stiff that it kep pushing my reg around in my mouth! Plus I think I "lost" some length because of how long the bends were in the routing. It was so stiff that I think the tightest it would ben was a 3' diameter. :confused:

Blister

I don't know about the Miflex hoses being good or bad. They look like a nice product.

I do know that the 84" halcyon ones are a little thinner and have better connections than standard hoses. They are more $ than std hoses but in return they are more flexible and stow nicely. That's my .02.

I don't know about the Miflex hoses being good or bad. They look like a nice product.

I do know that the 84" halcyon ones are a little thinner and have better connections than standard hoses. They are more $ than std hoses but in return they are more flexible and stow nicely. That's my .02.

I agree. Both of my 7' regulator hoses are Halcyon and not because they are "H", but because they function well.

Thanks for the input.

Blister

I had the same problem, the bends used up enough length to make the reg a little uncomfortable. I considered a swivel, but tried Miflex instead. It routes very smooth and bends much tighter, solving my problem. I have since switched to Miflex for backup reg and inflator. The extra flexability is nice on double al80's.

I bit the bullet (and the $$) and have switched them all over except the SPG of course. I'm going out to the quarry this weekend to give them a try. I dry tested them and the flexibility is a big benefit. We'll see how they do in the water.

I just replaced the long hose and dove it over the weekend. Much easier routing, and less fatigue on my jaw/neck.

It did, however, "slide around" a bit more causing me to end up with a bigger loop at the 1st stage sometimes, or more behind my head. I think that just some more fine tuning of the routing will take care of that though.

Blister

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom