I need a SoCal Diving Guide for Dummies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The only open boat aboard the Magician in February is Saturday 25th.
The best way is to check out their website and call Captain Jerry.
You can pay via paypal.
I am pretty sure they do not provide gears.

Pacific wilderness in San Pedro has a nice website showing their prices for rental gear.
sports Chalet in torrance is a bit more on prices about $10 more per day.
You should have your own mask, gloves, booties, fins.
Not sure when in Feb you are here, but Sundiver has a dive to the oil rigs 2/5
Great Escape has 2/18
Magician 2/25
The above 3 are all nice boats.

Is there a good website where you are getting these dates? Sundiver - Trip Schedule doesn't have it. I LOVE the oil rigs.

...... I'll just keep blowing bubbles in my tub :snorkel2: ......
or .... for a preview of Catalina, hop into your computer, install our eDiving simulator and start explore (virtually) some dive sites in Catalina. See list of available dive sites
And we even have a couple of local dive boats featured in them :wink:

Alberto (aka eDiver)

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the advice. I'm planning on diving but my girlfriend is going to sit this one out. Now I definitely need a dive buddy for Saturday, February 26th.

Option 1- Sundiver Express to Catalina. I talked to Captain Kyaa and they can have my gear on the boat.
Dive Boat Sundiver

Option 2- Sports Chalet Spectra boat to S. Cruz/Anapaca. I read that I'm likely to see sea lions in that area? Will I still see the kelp like around Catalina? Does anyone have the address of where that boat leaves from? The only problem is that there's not a Sport Chalet location near my hotel to pick up/drop off gear. If I go with this boat, maybe I could tip my dive buddy to get it for me?
Boat Charters-SCUBA - Sport Chalet

Hello everyone. Thanks for all the advice. I'm planning on diving but my girlfriend is going to sit this one out. Now I definitely need a dive buddy for Saturday, February 26th....

Saturday is Feb 25 on my calendar! I'm planning to do the Avalon Harbor Underwater Cleanup that day, and suspect a lot of other So Cal divers are as well. Talk about having lots of dive buddies to help introduce So Cal diving to you! Plus plenty of things to entertain your girlfriend while you are diving

Is it 25 or is it 26 of February 2012?

I am planning on going out on the Explorer up in Ventura to Anacapa Island on Sunday 26 FEB 2012. Ocean Safari Scuba in San Gabriel is the charter for the trip and they can arrange for all your gears and everything.

The sea lion rookery is on the far side (unprotected side) of Anacapa. The only way the boat can get there is if the weather is amenable. Kelps at Anacapa had been sparse lately.

Sorry! I meant the 25th. SATURDAY. I'm flying out Sunday evening.

Whether you can go or not, does anyone have a vote for which location/dive operator to go with?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom