I passed out

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Arnaud once bubbled...
Dr. Paul Thomas has edited your previous post...

Dr. Pauls edit did not change anything I said, he just made it better:)

Rooster1 once bubbled...

Dr. Pauls edit did not change anything I said, he just made it better:)

I don't get it, but I'm not sure it's really important :confused:

Arnaud once bubbled...

I don't get it, but I'm not sure it's really important :confused:

LOL.............I didn't get it either but Dr.Paul PMed me and educated me:)

Rooster1 once bubbled...
LOL.............I didn't get it either but Dr.Paul PMed me and educated me:)
It was an apology and Rooster did not get my meaning.

As for editing. I simply got rid of all the command codes in the title field as rooster had not entered a title. Folks, please enter a title. I also sometimes correct spelling mistakes. As I am a Regulator the comment "Last edited by Dr P T. .. ." should not have appeared.

As way of explanation,

One of the rules of polite conversation is it is accepted that when talking about an embarrassing subject, or making generalised accusations, these never apply to the individuals present - hence, "present company excepted."

If one does not "engage one's brain before opening one's mouth one is likely to put one's foot in it", as I did.

I can understand why this did not make sense.

OK?:)

Rooster1 once bubbled...
... the day I passed out at the end of my work out I hadn't eatin since morning and only 2 cups of coffee throughout the day. I went to the gym right after work and I did a hard cardio and harder on the weights.

...your tank was running on empty. Coffee, tea, most soft drinks are diaretics... You DO go for an annual physical right? You DO get blood screenings and ECG right?

The doc at the clinic says that my blood pressure is very low (100 over 60).

I got the impression that you are a 30-something and reasonable fit so don't be alarmed by this statement. BP can vary a great deal in the general population and will vary a great deal day to day for you depending on diet, stress, even a full bladder. The key is trending, is this low for you, perhaps. Indicator of dehydration, perhaps. Certainly based on what you have stated, it could be an indicator. Well worth you keeping track of this and resting heart rate as barometers of your general health (when going for your annual physical, DO ask your doc for your BP, HR & blood HDLs/LDLs readings so that you and your SO can know if "100 over 60" is low for you). BTW, in my mid 40s my BP still trends in 100-110/50-60 and resting HR in high 50s. When I was a serious athlete it was lower and my colleagues/competitors had lower readings- some with resting HRs in the 30s which ticked me off, lowest I ever got was 45...
(This is a pet subject of mine: I use to instruct in the use and design of medical instrumentation, including BP/ECG/02 devices in ORs/ICUs/CCUs)

Dr Paul Thomas once bubbled...
It was an apology and Rooster did not get my meaning.

As for editing. I simply got rid of all the command codes in the title field as rooster had not entered a title. Folks, please enter a title. I also sometimes correct spelling mistakes. As I am a Regulator the comment "Last edited by Dr P T. .. ." should not have appeared.

As way of explanation,

One of the rules of polite conversation is it is accepted that when talking about an embarrassing subject, or making generalised accusations, these never apply to the individuals present - hence, "present company excepted."

If one does not "engage one's brain before opening one's mouth one is likely to put one's foot in it", as I did.

I can understand why this did not make sense.

OK?:)

Just kidding! Of course, it is. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom