I purchased an Aqualung Diva XLT.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I too am looking for the perfect ladies' BC.
Built somewhat like this lady, and very short waisted, I do a lot of diving in rough seas and sometimes have to wait quite awhile for the boat to pick me up. Back inflatable with integrated weights push me forward unless I consciously make an effort to stay on my back. My concern is if I pass out or get knocked out, I would tilt face forward and drown. Lift is important, and you've gotta have more than the edge of your chin out of the water if you are being tossed around for more than 5 minutes. So, I am not sure your solution works for everybody. I started with the Libra, and am now using a plain old Tusa Passage and am still not happy. On land, the best fit yet is the new Pearl, but I am wary of new gadgets and pretty things, so am hesitaitng before buying it. I do not live in an area where trying it before buying it is an option.

If you are that concerned about being upright in the water and think getting knocked out or passing out is a problem get rid of the integrated weights and move some to the tank band. My suggestion would be to call Tobin and see about a short SS plate and if using singles a 26lb torus wing. You can also add some pockets to the tank band and with the proper amount of air in the wing you just lay back and relax. It really does not take much effort to keep from tipping forward. The problem with back inflates and integrated weights is all the weight is in the wrong place for surface swims. Last year oceanic had a bc with an extra inflation chamber on the front of the cummerbund. It's not in this years line but I'd bet just for that reason you could find a leftover or two. Check scubatoys or leisurepro. Heck you could even Pm Doug Krause to see if they have any left at the factory they could send to a dealer near you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom