I screwed up!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

markfm:
I wonder what the Cyberskin is like -- supposed to be a 0.5mm. Off to Roatan next month, and I run warm, so either just a skin or try that...
I was fine in a skin in Utila last year, and you're used to colder than I am. You should be fine. :wink:

That's true :) I'm putting my GF in a microprene, which should be fine for her.

markfm:
That's true :) I'm putting my GF in a microprene, which should be fine for her.
Depends on the girl. They do usually chill easier. Might take a 3 mil just in case.

I love my shorty, I wont give it up until I get stung a lot I guess. It does sometimes keep me shallow.

She did several multiple hour runs for checkout work in a 5 mm at 73F WT, wasn't cold, so I expect she'll be fine.

Meh, not so much concerned about getting stung in Hawaii. That and they didn't have a full 3mil for me. Its got long sleeves but short legs, as long as I'm not bouncing from urchin to urchin I think I'll live with it. Once I get my drysuit I suspect you'll never see me in a wetsuit again anyway =P

I just got back from a Stetson only trip and I can tell you the jellies were still there. I forgot to pack my shorty and I was glad I did not have it. My dive buddy dove a shorty one dive and after that it was a skin under a shorty. I got hit on the upper lip and the back of the neck. My buddy got hit on the arm and leg. It was not ward to talk her into putting the skin under the shorty after that. I was in a 4/3mm as it was all I had

Well, I've decided to keep my shorty to use only in fresh water from now on. I'll just be a little on the warm side out at the FG I guess.

DandyDon:
I tried to suggest here that shorties were for jet skiers only, and dive shops should stop selling them, but I got blasted.
LOL! I remember that thread. I may have participated in it and if I have I must have strongly disagreed with you, Don! :D

No jellyfish stings here, but I have made a U-turn on this issue since. I'm now a firm believer in full body suits. :)

We have jellies in the Gulf of Mexico all the time lately. It is worth the protection. Rub sand on the stings or use vinegar. You will smell funny but it will stop the pain.

Back
Top Bottom