I survived yet another dive without a dive computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kidspot:
I assume you were using your depth averaging technique?
No... I don't really do depth averaging. What I try to make sure I do is spend time shallow for time spent deep. That is why I want to make sure that I have the necessary gas left to do that. Again... gas is the principle thing, IMO.

jiveturkey:
Are you saying you know your air consumption at specific depths well enough that you can pretty much tell your dive time based on how much air you have left?
You know your consumption rate at specific depths well enough that by looking at elapsed time you know approximately how much gas you have left...

Doc Intrepid:
You know your consumption rate at specific depths well enough that by looking at elapsed time you know approximately how much gas you have left...
Or by looking at your SPG you know how deep you are and how much time you have left. :wink:

ahh - I don't understand at all :wink: but I know the thread to go read where you explained it last time I think - lol

I do find the concept fascinating though...

Aloha, Tim

Uncle Pug:
Or by looking at your SPG you know how deep you are and how much time you have left. :wink:
Fascinating, no? :D

(Yet I confess that I rarely glance at the SPG and do it that way, its a PITA to dig it out from beneath the bottles! I glance at the Uwatec and work it that way instead...I confirm it about twice during the dive...)

Geez Pug, wonder why you consume helium mixes faster than nitrox? :) Maybe its just cause you're getting old and grouchy? :D

Some of the most pertinent questions are never asked because folks don't know what they don't know... quite a few don't even know what they think they know. :D

Uncle Pug:
quite a few don't even know what they think they know. :D

i think i don't know what i know, and sometimes i don't think i know what i don't
know... it's all terribly confusing, but most of the time, i don't think i don't know
what i don't know

scarily, most (most) of what you guys are saying makes sense to me

unfortunately that sounds way too much like me :( So I keep reading and learning ... Maybe in time I'll at least know the questions to ask...

Back
Top Bottom