I survived yet another dive without a dive computer...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2Andy:
i think i don't know what i know, and sometimes i don't think i know what i don't
know... it's all terribly confusing, but most of the time, i don't think i don't know
what i don't know

scarily, most (most) of what you guys are saying makes sense to me
Albert Einstein said, "As our circle of knowledge expands, so does the circumference of darkness surrounding it."

BTW, Pug. By looking at your compass, can you tell what your buddy had for lunch?

gcbryan:
Is this a troll, a dive log, or an answer to a question that no one asked?
:11: UP's a troll? LOL

No it's a dive report

lamont:
i know i checked the dive time when we were leaving the I-beams and I remember verifying that we hadn't pushed the dive time. I want to say 25 mins? i should really have memorized that time, but i can't recall it now. but we did spend that time reasonably deep compared to the usual deep part of the alki tour.

i did cheat and had the bend-o-matic in computer mode...
I had 26 minutes when we left the I-beams ... and on the way down we hit the top of the pilings (about 90 fsw) at 6 minutes into the dive, so we were between 90 and 110 fsw for about 20 minutes. Including our time to descend from the buoy to the top of the pilings, we spent about 24 minutes between 40 and 90 fsw ... about three-quarters of that above 60 fsw. Then we spent about 15 minutes between 40 and 20 fsw (mostly on the Honey Bear and pilings) and the remainder from 20 fsw to the surface.

If you were in computer mode, it would be interesting to see how closely a graph of the dive reflects those readings ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

kidspot:
I assume you were using your depth averaging technique? What would you guess was your average depth overall? About 50ft?
More like 60 ... that's based having done the dive several times before, rather than any specific methodology ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uncle Pug:
Some of the most pertinent questions are never asked because folks don't know what they don't know... quite a few don't even know what they think they know. :D

Your speaking a language I understand! Well, that and gas.. I'm all about good gas management.. :D

give me a big bean burrito at Taco Time and I'll show you good gas management...

Taco Time? You've got to be kidding.

This is a burrito:
OU812.jpg

OU812 w Burrito-n~Horchata at Gorditos

Rick Inman:
BTW, Pug. By looking at your compass, can you tell what your buddy had for lunch?
No. But by watching how frequently his drysuit exhausts extra gas you can make an informed guess.

Uncle Pug:
Taco Time? You've got to be kidding.

This is a burrito:

Ah, good ol Gorditos... the "healthy" mexican restaurant :)

:shocked: christ, now that's a burrito... Hate to see how long it would take to off-gas that sucker.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom