I was forced to go to LeisurePro!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sheck33 once bubbled...
You know, i have no problem buying gear i want at the LDS IF they have it. If they dont i will go elsewhere.
However, the level of un-professionalism displayed by some diveshops is stunning. i have been harassed by the LDS on several occasions about not buying certain gear from them. They did not sell what i wanted but still expect me to buy some substitute as long is i buy it from them, it's ridiculous.

I've pretty much stopped going into one shop because the staff is a collection of pushy morons. The last time I was in there I was looking a regs and one of the guys asked me what BC I had (because this has everything to do with my reg choice...). I told him I was looking for a BP&Wings. He then proceeded to show me a USD Malibu. I said thanks, but I really want a backplate. He then offered to special order me a OMS IQ pac and wing. Again, I said thanks but that's not what I want. He then proceeed to tell me how all the complaints about bungee wings was total BS. I told him that I knew OMS makes non-bungee wings but that didn't matter because right now I was interested in a regulator. This prompted a discussion about why the Apeks ATX200 was soooo much better then the ATX50/DST combination and why I shouldn't even look at the TX50/DS4. I told him, "thanks, you've given a lot to think about," walked out and haven't gone back.

Cornfed

I feel your pain. I have met more than my share of over opinionated under knowledged staff in my time. Just a couple weeks ago I heard a salesman tell a prospective student that they do there training in 20 ft of water but they are certified to 130 ft. anything deeper than that requires trimix, triox multiple stage bottles.....
I also asked him if the had pre-mix or if they partial prssure blended. He told me that had premix that they could mix right in my tank and the owner was going to be buying a membrane in the near future.
SCARY?

I have not purchased anything from LP yet but I have shopped prices. I gather information on specific gear I am looking for and when I am ready to buy, if LP has the exact same thing I offer the LDS the opportunity to match the price. My rig is all Halcyon with the exception of my custom made plate from Gary, thank you very much - I love it, purchased from EE now haggling.

My problem with our newest LDS is that most of their personal gear came form LP before the shop now they have nothing good to say about LP or the gear purchased there. Funny how that changed. R

cornfed once bubbled...

I've pretty much stopped going into one shop because the staff is a collection of pushy morons. The last time I was in there I was looking a regs and one of the guys asked me what BC I had (because this has everything to do with my reg choice...). I told him I was looking for a BP&Wings. He then proceeded to show me a USD Malibu. I said thanks, but I really want a backplate. He then offered to special order me a OMS IQ pac and wing. Again, I said thanks but that's not what I want. He then proceeed to tell me how all the complaints about bungee wings was total BS. I told him that I knew OMS makes non-bungee wings but that didn't matter because right now I was interested in a regulator. This prompted a discussion about why the Apeks ATX200 was soooo much better then the ATX50/DST combination and why I shouldn't even look at the TX50/DS4. I told him, "thanks, you've given a lot to think about," walked out and haven't gone back.

Cornfed

This is the exact type of behaviour that one LDS owner exhibits on a regular basis. Recently I went in with a reg purchased in Italy (Scubapro MK25TA) which I wanted converted from DIN to yoke. He was willing to try but it was stuck and refused to touch it any further since it was not under warranty. This was a blatant lie. The lifetime service parts warranty is not in effect but the manufacturers lifetime warranty still applies. This information from another Scubapro dealer in Charlotte as well as Scubapro themselves.

After all this he then proceeded to cut down every other piece of gear I own. Including my Zeagle Ranger which his other store sold to me,(I'm working on getting a b/p and wing) but I point blank told him it wouldn't be from him. Obviously if you didn't buy something from him and recently to boot it's junk.

The only thing I will buy from him from now on is air, and that's only till the new dive shop (which is closer to home) gets his compressor up and running.

double125's once bubbled...
Cornfed-
Here is an example of what I am talking about:
LDS
wing $400
AL Backplate $75
Standard harness $75
Manifold $400
M1 Computer$460
Tax 8.25 %
300 Mile round trip
$20 gas

Your problem is that you live in Texas. If you lived in a normal sized state you wouldn't have to drive 300 miles to the dive store!

Cornfed

cornfed once bubbled...

I've pretty much stopped going into one shop because the staff is a collection of pushy morons. The last time I was in there I was looking a regs and one of the guys asked me what BC I had (because this has everything to do with my reg choice...).
Cornfed

I cut it where I started laughin....ahh...funny stuff....seriously...you mean your reg has to match your BC...come on dude...rule 6 here.

I agree that LP is not a dirty word. Is scuba the only industry where everyone has to complain about internet sales or does it exist elsewhere? Just curious.

It's extremely prevalent in the scuba industry. In paintball, it's a WHOOOLE different story. Internet sales are HUGE in paintball - I've very, very rarely purchase parts for ANY of my paintball markers, and I never purchase paint in town - I always order online. It's kind of the norm...

Actually its because I live in town that has nothing. The place that has air fills around here is also a bass boats sales/ gas station/ bait shop. There are no gun stores here just a corner of the local hardware store that sells at 125 % of retail. We consider ourselves lucky to have a walmart!

We consider ourselves lucky to have a walmart!

I'm so sorry...

Diver Lori,

Excellent choice for a reg! You can get the mr-22 orbiter from lp. You can also grab a conshelf 14 and use it as an octo as well.

Ed

Back
Top Bottom