I was forced to go to LeisurePro!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WileEDiver once bubbled...

OK, I give up. What's rule 6?

To answer my own question (I thought this was a scuba thing, but since I didn't get any answers that satisfied me, I did a google search), it appears to be from a list of Netiquette:
Rule 6: Share expert knowledge

The strength of cyberspace is in its numbers. The reason asking questions online works is that a lot of knowledgeable people are reading the questions. And if even a few of them offer intelligent answers, the sum total of world knowledge increases. The Internet itself was founded and grew because scientists wanted to share information. Gradually, the rest of us got in on the act.

So do your part. Despite the long lists of no-no's in this book, you do have something to offer. Don't be afraid to share what you know.

It's especially polite to share the results of your questions with others. When you anticipate that you'll get a lot of answers to a question, or when you post a question to a discussion group that you don't visit often, it's customary to request replies by email instead of to the group. When you get all those responses, write up a summary and post it to the discussion group. That way, everyone benefits from the experts who took the time to write to you.

If you're an expert yourself, there's even more you can do. Many people freely post all kinds of resource lists and bibliographies, from lists of online legal resources to lists of popular UNIX books. If you're a leading participant in a discussion group that lacks a FAQ, consider writing one. If you've researched a topic that you think would be of interest to others, write it up and post it. See "Copyright in Cyberspace" on page 133 for a few words on the copyright implications of posting research.

Sharing your knowledge is fun. It's a long-time net tradition. And it makes the world a better place.]

From some of the posts here it seems folks would like to support their LDS if they felt well-served there, but they do not feel that way.

I don't think Internet sales are immoral, but I'd much prefer a great LDS with knowledgeable and helpful (cheerful, even!) employees, and I found one. They also do a brisk mail-order business, and sell in-store at mail order prices, to boot!

If you live in the Philadelphia area, I highly recommend Northeast Scuba Supply. Very nice, very helpful people, a wonderful facility, and reasonably priced gear. I'm never gonna buy anywhere else if I can possibly help it. I can't say enough nice things about this wonderful store. Check them out.

http://www.northeastscubasupply.com

No, I'm not related! Just getting back into SCUBA and very glad I stumbled on them!

Hello,

Genesis DIN valve for LP tanks: LP $59, LDS $35.

Ed

cornfed once bubbled...

Your problem is that you live in Texas. If you lived in a normal sized state you wouldn't have to drive 300 miles to the dive store!

Cornfed

I have a 120 mile drive to my closest LDS and I have never heard a good thing about it, The next closest is 150 miles.

And South Dakota is as normal as they come LOL.:D

r3597 once bubbled...

I have a 120 mile drive to my closest LDS and I have never heard a good thing about it, The next closest is 150 miles.

And South Dakota is as normal as they come LOL.:D

Yeah, but given the size of some of the farms up there 120 miles could be just two doors down!

Cornfed

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom