i was surprised how nice the diving was in Dominica. excellent!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just returned from trip #3 to Dominica and it just gets better. The island has it all to me. The diving and hiking and local foods are just amazing. We got to do more hiking this time and the waterfalls are spectacular.

BTW- I found a camera at one of the dive sites. It had been down a while and was flooded but I am going to try to get the pics off the card and then start a thread to try to find the owner if I can.

Rescue Diver68:

Where did you stay for lodging, and who did you dive with? Do you keep going back to the same place? Any particular advantages you like with that hotel/dive op.?

Richard.

Hi Rich- The first two times I stayed at the Fort Young and drove down to Nature Island dive in Soufriere each morning to dive. Nature Island is a small op with a small boat and personal service right down in the area where the diving is. The Fort Young is the nicest hotel on the Island and wonderful to stay at. That being said- this time I rented a guest house in Scotts Head (right next to Soufriere) since there were three of us on this trip. I really enjoyed staying there and sampling the local eateries around town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again and always dive with Tony at Nature Island Dive. By far my favorite Caribbean Island and the diving is always great.

Hi Rich- The first two times I stayed at the Fort Young and drove down to Nature Island dive in Soufriere each morning to dive. Nature Island is a small op with a small boat and personal service right down in the area where the diving is. The Fort Young is the nicest hotel on the Island and wonderful to stay at. That being said- this time I rented a guest house in Scotts Head (right next to Soufriere) since there were three of us on this trip. I really enjoyed staying there and sampling the local eateries around town. I wouldn't hesitate to stay at either again and always dive with Tony at Nature Island Dive. By far my favorite Caribbean Island and the diving is always great.

Glad to hear Tony is still with Nature Dive. They are a nice op to dive with, small groups and very personalized service.

Glad to hear Tony is still with Nature Dive. They are a nice op to dive with, small groups and very personalized service.

Tony is the owners (Karen Moise) son. I am sure he will take over and do well there. He's a nice young man.

...I've been going there for many years...

Agilis, I know that you visited Dominica many times, can you give us an update on the island, its people, and the dive resorts and operators in the aftermath of Erika?

Back
Top Bottom