Iberostar/Policy for Charging for Dive Op pickups

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You go girl Tell them to hang in their backside, Oh wait I'll be there in less tahn 5 days I'll tell'em

As usual, it's not that simple - despite how much you feel you know about the way things operate here. You don't just pay one month and not the next - they require a contract, a crap load of unnecessary paperwork (that only my banker and accountant are entitled to be privy to).

It's not a simple $3 per diver/day fee - if it was, this would be a non-issue (for me at least). It's a red tape power play on the part of IB and MOST of us ops are not playing into it - the few that are have decided that they have a large enough client base at that hotel to make it a good business decision - for a good number of us - it simply is not.

ALSO FWIW - Bailey's dive op does not pick-up there (unless something has changed VERY recently - but yes Bailey,check with Joyce) - they are one of the ones that have banded together with the rest of us and have made the decision not to play into this power play of theirs.

Hey, do you have these bumper stickers for your dive boats yet? I hear they are getting popular in Cozumel. :D

Attachments

• bumber.jpg
    bumber.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 63
I also believe that there is a fee to pick up at the Park Royal. I am not certain, but I think that some other operation owns the pier and charges Park Royal for its use.
However it is easy to bypass this by walking north to the next pier. Please correct me if I am mistaken about PR.

We will probably never know for sure, but, I can't help but wonder what the loss of revenue Vs. actual dock fees collected will be over say a 3-5yr period.....

:eyebrow: :D

I also believe that there is a fee to pick up at the Park Royal. I am not certain, but I think that some other operation owns the pier and charges Park Royal for its use.
However it is easy to bypass this by walking north to the next pier. Please correct me if I am mistaken about PR.
Hi Park Royal DOES NOT charge the fee, they have nothing to do with the dive operation there, except close proximity. The dive shop there charges it. No money goes to Park Royal. Hopefully people dont start boycotting PR because divers think PR is doing it.
I know you where'nt putting it on Park Royal. kev

Thanks for that clarification. We picked up a diver who stayed at the PR and had to pay. Now that you have cleared up the fact that PR does not own the dock, they do not charge. Evidently the fee is charged by the dive shop at the pier as you so stated. Again, Thanks for making it clear that Park Royal does NOT charge for dive pick ups.

Hi Park Royal DOES NOT charge the fee, they have nothing to do with the dive operation there, except close proximity. The dive shop there charges it. No money goes to Park Royal. Hopefully people dont start boycotting PR because divers think PR is doing it.
I know you where'nt putting it on Park Royal. kev

Correct - Park Royal does not have a pier and guest who choose to stay there have the choice of the Aqua World pier or the Casa Del Mar pier. If you're not a guest of Casa del Mar, expect a fee.

I want to again point out the difference in these pier charges - the IB is NOT charging a PER DIVER/DAY fee - which would be an entirely different story. They are charging a FLAT FEE - that is to be paid by contract regardless of how many divers per month picked up there. The fee increases the more divers picked up. Please do not confuse or compare the other hotels or piers who are charging vs. IB - it's an entirely different situation all together.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom